Amazing little program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by a1ehouse, Mar 22, 2003.

1. a1ehouse

a1ehouse Chamone M*tha Fu*ka

Check this out...

http://www.dqsd.net/

Amazing little program that sits on your taskbar. It takes a little getting used to but you can do loads of things with it.

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Looks kinda cool, I might have to check that one out :)

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I've heard alot of good about that little beuty.

I cant's afford the space on my taskbar, but it looks pretty cute

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

If you rightclick your taskbar, go to toolbars and put a checkmark next to Address and have search from address bar enabled in Internet Options that is pretty much the same without installing an extra program. Are there additional functions apart from the clock, which could be a handy space saver indeed.

5. a1ehouse

Man it's jam packed full of functions. It's written in HTML/JS so uses little/no resources.

Right click you've got a calander which can be set up so it uses outlook/other online calenders you have.

it uses keywords so you can use different search engines (literally hundreds!!!) you can even add your own using the search wizard !!

From the help file:
    I was amazed when I saw this. At first I thought it was just like the address bar, but on using it's so much more!!

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

OK, installed it. Seems you are right. :D Looks as if I will like this program, tons of functions and something to play with.

7. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

except it crowds my taskbar

there's nothing in here I need enough to take my space, but it is a very cute little ditty

8. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

:eek:

9. [WOPR]SpiRiT

[WOPR]SpiRiT Guest

With some simple modification you can alter the size of the taskbar, whether or not the time appears, what calender gets used, and a slew of other features.. verict = 5 starts; great app nice find ;)

SpiRiT

10. a1ehouse

Yup - just modify the localprefs.js, localsearch.css, localaliases.txt and \Quick Search Deskbar\searches to your tastes!! "After you've saved your changes, enter "!" in the deskbar to reload."

I'm loving my new toy! Plus it's free!!!

Dealer - you don't have to have it on your deskbar, simply drag it off to where you want it - (top or even floating) ontop or autohide etc. just like a normal toolbar - completely standalone if you wish!

11. dubstar

dubstar format c:

this in already in Windows XP bythe way.. right click taskbar, goto TOOL BARS, add in "ADDRESS".. unlock taskbar if need be, and stretch it out..

ta... da..

ps: you can also have it show its title if you want. (saves space if you have NO title.

all you task bar freaks, it only takes up an inch of screen, its very quick and effective....

12. a1ehouse

This proggie sh*ts on the "Add Address" -
    can u run appz/do calculations/convert currency/generate passwords/generate lotto numbers etc. etc. etc.

No!! Install it and discover the depth of this simple yet effective proggie! You'll be amazed and you won't go back to the address bar! I guarantee!

13. a1ehouse

14. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

I would have noticed your post quicker if it was put here COMPILED!!!great free programs nice little tool though.

15. Fu Xuen

Fu Xuen Guest

As a matter of fact, it was put in that thread :D.

16. wadada

wadada Moderator

17. ntentz

ntentz FingerBanger

18. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Hey that is neat, I like it plus I don't have to hold my mouse over the clock to get the date!