Alternative to WinAmp

no ****, of course it's up to the person, duh

yes, i was bitching, uh not, i was making a point of which I like.

So, end.

On a side note, a friend of mine tried foobar too. He has been using WinAmp for years and was curious. First thing he noticed was the output quality was higher.

I have noticed that myself when Ive played audio files in various other players, that none of them seem to have that good an output. Some people may not notice the difference, but I for one notice minor details.

Foobar2000 does NOT have better quality output than any other player, but it DOESN"T have an eq than mangles everything. It also has better output options than most players.

Maybe windows media player classic could be used, thats really lightweight :D

A very close WimAmp replacement is JetAudio. Same basic functions, uses about the same resources and plays all the same file types, including videos.

JetAudio uses Real Player as the back bone; since I hate real player, I also hate that program. Also, it is not a light weight program. Foobar will always fall in second place. It is very custimizable to your needs. Uses hardly any resources and doesn't crash ...

Another really light weight player is coolplayer. Quintessential player is nice also ...

Foobar2000 does NOT have better quality output than any other player, but it DOESN"T have an eq than mangles everything. It also has better output options than most players.

My ears tell me differently.

My ears tell me differently.

From the Foobar200 FAQ:

• Q: Does foobar2000 sound better than other players?
  • A: No. Most of “sound quality differences” people “hear” are placebo effect (at least with real music), as actual differences in produced sound data are below their noise floor (1 or 2 last bits in 16bit samples). Foobar2000 has sound processing features such as software resampling or 24bit output on new high-end soundcards, but most of other mainstream players are capable of doing the same by now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back