AIW 9600 Pro Question

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by cruiser78, Nov 7, 2003.

1. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

I'm thinking about getting this card but in the specs on the ATI site it says that it has these connectors:

Dual VGA
    Stereo audio, S-video, and composite video inputs and outputs
    External stereo connections to sound card’s line input and output
    Dolby® digital stereo audio output (S/PDIF)

My question is this. If it has all these connections, where are they? In the picture they have of this card, it shows only the S-video, and VIVO connectors and a weird square connector. Click here to see what I mean.
    Does this card come with another set of connectors that plugs into the square one or into the board itself?

Thanks

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

the one little square connector that seems to be a small dvi connector is actually an adaptor for a cable that has all this stuff on it :)

look @ this to see what I mean...

AIW 9600pro cables

3. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

Thanks for the help. Just what I needed to know. One more question. Can I still use a DVI display with a VGA - DVI adapter?

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

technically you should be able to emulate some sort of dv interface... but I am not sure since I have never used one of those things personally...

have a look around the web and see if you can read any reviews... the only thing I ever read about them is that they do work... somewhat...

if not you'll still have dual vga's :D

and the adaptor I think is only around $20 or something like that.. not very expensive...

5. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

OK. Thanks again :)