AGP transfer mechanism disabled Help !!

M

mentor561

Hi All,
I was hoping to get some help from all you Gurus out there.
I have a Radeon 8500 with 64mb.
I run WIN XP pro.

I cannot run most games. Diablo 2 for example comes back with an error that says. Error 22 unable to initialise direct draw.

When I looked at dxdiag it has hardware acceleration not available for direct draw.
When I looked using Powerstrip I saw that AGP transfer mechanism was disabled.

I desperately need help to enable AGP transfer mechanism.
Please help

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Hmmm

mentor,

Funny thing, I JUST installed my new Radeon 8500 about an hour ago. Its on System #2 in my profile, running XP Pro and the recommended ATI drivers from their site (like 6015 or something..NOT the BETAs) and have been benchmarking it using 3dMark2001SE. The results are quite impressive, eclipsing that of even my beloved GF3 on an overclocked system (system #1).

I havent had any problems whatsoever running benchs and games. So far ive tried UT, Q3, Undying and 3Dmark2k1SE.

What drivers are you using. Whats your system specs? Chipset and drivers? What games give you trouble. Details are needed so we can help you weed out the source of your problem. Though Id say, download the LATEST drivers from ATI and Uninstall video drivers you may already have in there. Remove and reseat your card. Reboot and install the new drivers with the .EXE you downloaded from ATI. IF you are using the native XP drivers then it is likely you have no 3d API support (D3D, OpenGL) Keep me posted. :D

you must forgive me im a bit trashed right now...

anyway you should make sure that your BIOS settings are correct, the first thing that comes to minf is your AGP aperature setting.... is it set to atleast 64MB? I also have a Radeon 8500 (see sig) and my AGP aperature is set to 256MB, although I'm not sure what is optimal. I would recommend checking www.rage3d.com for details (the mostr comprehensive Radeon site I've ever seen)...

Also, if you're interested in Radeon case badges for your PC, check out eBay :) here is a link to an auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2004446916

yummy. Bubble Radeon 8500 case badges. :)

mavis

AMDdoolbooter / Mavis,

Thanks for taking the interest.

Ive tried a bunch of drivers including ATI's latest official and Beta and also the OMEGA drivers.
All graphics intensive games are giving me trouble including DOOM, Diablo 2 ...
My system specs are as follows.

Pentium 4 2.2 ghz
Intel D850MV mobo

Processor Socket micro PGA 478
Chipset Intel® 850
Form Factor ATX
Memory RDRAM, PC800, 4 sockets filled 1 GB
I/O ATA-100
LAN Controller No Intel® 82562ET Kinnereth
PCI slots 5
USB Connectors 7 USB 1.1 (2-F, 4-B, 1CNR)
AGP slot
Communications and Networking Riser (CNR)
Hardware Management ASIC
Instantly Available PC
Intel® Rapid BIOS Boot and Enhanced BIOS Update

:confused: :confused:

Have you tried installing AGP drivers? I don't know where to find theme for the Intel Chipset, but I guess you should be able to find theme at Intels web pages...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back