AGP 8x + APG PRO

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by -[xs]-mirage, Oct 31, 2002.

1. -[xs]-mirage

-[xs]-mirage Guest

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone could help me!

My friend wants to buy an Asus P4T533-R Wich has AGP Pro on it. Does AGP Pro support 8x? or only 4x?

Thanks all,

Take it easy!

2. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

No AGP Pro dont support 8x, just think as if its a tweak version of 4x. Asus P4T533-R board you are looking at only support up to 4x AGP. I think you should skip on this board if you really want 8x

3. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

only 4x, but i would suggest something with 8x from now on, just in case you plan on upgrading your video card in the future.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

you would have to upgrade your video card in the far future if you really wanted to take advantage of agp 8x, seeing as how no one can get higher benchmark numbers with 8x at the moment. we'll have to wait a while before video cards get powerful enough to use up the whole agp 8x bus (2.1gb/sec?).

i don't know about new, high-end systems, but i don't even see a difference between 4x and 2x.

5. -[xs]-mirage

-[xs]-mirage Guest

thanks a lot all!!

Very Helpful!

Take it easy and have a happy and safe halloween!

PEACE

6. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

As video becomes more and more demanding AGP 8x is the last stop on the road till PCI 2.0 or PCI-X. I think that video will soon benifit. Take a 9700 in an 8x board, then limit is to 2x and try to run some high performance stuff (3dmark) and your score should go down.

7. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Asus P4S8X good for AGP 4X and 8X.