Age Of Conan

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Bman, May 23, 2008.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Are you going to buy it?

Side question, is there a hack to get the full unchanged version on a North American version of the game?

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

3. Bman

Yes I read that, that is saying that it will allow nipples and slight nudity, nor will it feature full gore, dismemberment, or anything else good about it.

And good, I will see you on there once I get it :)

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I'll definitely be playing PvE. After suffering involuntary PvP in WoW for 60+ levels, I decided that's not for me.

5. Bman

I have never been a PvP person, i love the story lines and interaction with people, completing task and all that.

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I'm guessing any "censoring" would be done by the server you connect to by possibly flag on your account on creation or your IP. So I'm not sure you could just "get the N. American version" sadly. :(

7. Bman

Well that's what I was thinking, but same deal with The Witcher, there was a patch for it that gave you all the extra stuff, though I believe it was Single Player only.

8. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

I have been playing AoC for a few days, there is nudity, blood, gore, decapitation... to be honest, if you want more out of the game you are probably a fairly sick person :lick:

On the plus side, running the game in DX10, max detail and it looks great. Runs really well too.

http://www.luna-fx.com/Felara_picture000.png

9. Bman

I want more out of a game? I said I want that out of a game, the version that comes in North America does not have all that, only slight nudity and gore, nothing else.

10. Luna

I'm confused, everything I listed above is in the NA Version. What are you looking for out of this game? There are fatalities... you can make people explode, chop peoples heads off, blood will fly over your screen. Women run around topless and bottomless too. I'm not sure you could make this game any more graphic than it already is.

11. Bman

Where did you read the NA version has all that? It does not.

12. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I had this issue with The Witcher as well, I was forced to get the UK version imported because I wanted the full experience and not the kindergarden daycare Gee Golly BS that was the North American version. This was before the patch was released that unlocked the uncensored content in the NA version though.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. I'm thinking about checking it out.... but I wont waste my money if its going to be censored. I do not support companies that censor their content.

13. Bman

I totally agree Aprox, just one statement, it's not the companies that censor their content, it's the countries that do, I believe at least.

14. Luna

I did not read it, I am playing the game. I'm not sure if we are on the same page here. I have DONE all of the above in the NA version. I speak only from experience.

15. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Well, the term 'company' is highly generic and it was not directed specifically at the developers (that's what I'm assuming you thought I meant). I'm more just pointing the blame on whomever it concerns. If a developer, distributor or whomever feels the need to censor just to stay off the radar then I cant help but lose respect for them. I'm a big advocate for saying what you want, and designing stuff the way you want. Those that don't like it, can either not play/watch it... or go cry me a river. :rolleyes:

16. Bman

That is weird/good. Everything I have read says otherwise.

17. Petros

Petros Thief IV

By the way, I bought my key from some online shop, which turned out to be perfectly legitimate. Registered my account.

I intend to join the Old Timers Guild (minimum age requirements, mature people, all that) and play on Thog.

18. Bman

If you got the key from there, where did you get the install files from?

19. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

Still not convinced by what I've seen of the game - don't like games where levelling takes no time, something about the graphics that I still just don't like, and a major decision point for me is the lack of addons - we'll see if I break my resolve in the end, but for now I don't intend on ever buying the game. Hope you guys enjoy it though :p

20. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Client downloader.

I have friends who have discs too, so I'll make copies of those as well.