ag

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by surge, Jun 18, 2002.

1. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

it connects for me now too, but i cant download anythign at all :(

2. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

I also tried to download - but I could not find any songs that showed being available on the satellite.

I then went to some I know that I have downloaded - in the past and they do not show being avail -

When I click on them anyway - guess what?

SEARCH PROHIBITED You cannot request this song due to copyright restrictions. Please try a different search.

Do ya think they might be shut down???

3. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

you might want to check out the front page of http://www.xp-erience.org/

It looks like they made a deal with the recording industry, so in effect, yes their dead.

4. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

well if they are dead then why do they still allow you to download there software, kinda stupid huh?

5. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

before this their policy is to allow every file to be shared except those that have been blacked out by recording studios.... now they change it the other way around... block everything except those that have been allowed by the studios....

the death of a good mp3 sharing network.... well.. time to move on... kazaa and winmx for me now....

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Rather than blocking tunes by request now, they have to ask to unblock em...

7. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear enough, they are not dead, it's just like what Electronic Punk & l0g0ut said, instead of allowing all files to be traded now, they have to unblock them, and they will only do this if the artist or record label agree to let the song be released.

So in effect, their not actually dead, but they are going to have very limited numbers of titles available to the public. ie. (I'm not going to waste my time with them now)

:( :( :(

8. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

o well i guess that is less songs for me then, that sucks.