adwatch or spybot tea timer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Perris Calderon, May 29, 2005.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

these are little sandboxes that provide real time protection against adware

tea timer is free from spybot, seems to do a good job

adwatch is in the paid version of adaware

I have a paid license for adaware, but I think I like the spybot version a little better

does anyone have a preferance between these two. (besides the free part)

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

tea timer is useless from my experiance. It's never once stopped spyware getting into a computer. Runnnig spybot after a week on my sisters pc was testament to that.

Your're best bet for realtime spyware monotoring is MS AntiSpyware. I bought it when it was still Giant becuase it did a superior job of caching stuff in realtime. In conjuction with adaware and spybots on-demand scanning you'll be pretty safe.

Also consider NOD32/Kaspersky AV set to watch for "potentially harmfull applications" on top.

3. Perris Calderon

has the ms application included cookies yet in the realtime protection?

4. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

If you download spywareblaster it will keep 99% of bad cookies out, so you wont really need to worry about that part. Next time I am going to format my computer I will download a bunch of spyware with the spybot protection running, that way we can know for sure :)

5. Perris Calderon

when I used to run adwatch, I never got positive from results on a scan, now that I've been running spybot tea timer, I also get no positive results

comparing both, tea timer uses less memory...this is always running, so that memory useage is actuall

I think I'm gonna stay with tea timer, but if someone thinks adwatch is better, let me know

thanx for the input guys