Advisory: Stop buying creative audio products

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LordOfLA, Mar 30, 2008.

1. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

2. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

I don't/haven't since the whole ordeal of the gold sound cards and Windows 98 drivers. Buncha **** bastards if you ask me.

Besides I like to be able to pass FULL QUALITY DTS and Dolby through my digital outs. Verified.

C-media chip on my Turtle Beach. Maybe unsigned drivers but I have no issues.

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Got an asus xonar d2 in my pc. I'm led to believe by various web reports and driver filenames/copyright details that it's a cmedia chip. Works perfectly with vista and my games :)

Game my old x-fi to a work colleague for free, didn't seem right charging for broken unsupported hardware :)

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

On the surface looke like CL has shot themseleves in the foot lets see what happens with this one

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Lol...I ditched Creative years ago. Their forums are constant flamewars and their community people are continually at wit's end. I have no idea how they became so dominant in high end audio. There's too many alternatives now; they're toast if they don't shape up.

And now they're openly threatening to sue the one person who is making a difference for their users?

They need to offer him a job instead, because it seems the entire Creative community is demanding the head of Phil O'Shaughnessy on a platter.

6. zino

zino OSNN Junior Addict

wow..i rarely post, specially when is simply a comment, but i feel i must now.

I've been a creative user for many years, and probably 6 months ago bought what i believe is my last card...further more, i WILL call creative tomorrow and demand my money back, since ive been un able to use their product with vista 64 since i bought the card.

What a bunch of bastards there....ugh.:mad:

7. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

yep, their support is, and always has been, awful and close to non existant

this doesnt surprise me a bit

8. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I still use SB Live 5.1 and it works great so I have not found a reason to update to anything else.

9. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I don't understand that thread at all - I've got an X-Fi Xtreme Music card and I've been running Vista x64 for a while now without an issue. Which cards are having problems?

10. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

i was reading about this last night they have definitely ****ed themselves here, mind you most boards now come with 8 chan HD Audio cards on board and they seem to do the job most people want, i had to remove my x-fi elite pro from vista as it was a pain in the ass, that and the drivers couldn't do ac3 or dts properly.

11. ray_gillespie

Ah I see - some kind of DTS/Dolby problem? I don't use that so that's probably why I've never had a problem. I can't believe how infamous that thread has become in just a day - I wonder if Creative will turn this into a PR stunt, making a massive u-turn and hiring the guy? That would be a lot of publicity for very little cost and would definitely be the sensible thing to do. Wow.

12. Dark Atheist

so you never watch dvds on your pc ? ;)

13. ray_gillespie

No I have a DVD player for that funnily enough! :)

14. Dark Atheist

i do too - in the pc - connected to the tv - htpc, mainly because you cant watch x264 through any player yet :) - plus it saves on space, no stero, no dvd/hd player :D

15. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Creative screwed the pooch. This is going to be the worst PR nightmare they have ever had.

16. Dark Atheist

one of many :)

17. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

Its like this.

A song in HD audio that exceeds the abilities of the sound card can't be streamed out to a receiver in full quality. So imagine paying for a supposed high quality card for a HTPC, or or a multi-media center but trying to watch a movie in low quality audio on a system that highlights everything.

18. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Karma can be a bitch.....bad move creative....

19. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Someone posted that Forbes predicted a 36% hit on their stock Monday morning.

Watching a company as big as this come apart like this over one weekend because of a single post is wild.

Shame on you, Creative for that.

Heeter

20. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Makes me glad i got an azunetech card. Though some money goes to creative azunetech makes the drivers *score* using DTS in vista 64 with a few ventrilio problems. This does confirm my last creative card purchase though. RIP creative...you are dead to me :)