Adobe Streamline

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I have been reading tutorials on how to "right way" making vecter art. All of them start with using this program "adobe streamline" I can't find anything about it on there site, I'm assuming it's old, is there a new version or other product that does what it does, or what?

Thanks

2. ABEC [LU]

ABEC [LU] OSNN Junior Addict

Adobe has since recently forgone its Streamline product and is now incorporating the capibilities of that program into Adobe Illustrator CS2.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your designs!

3. Bman

Where do I find those capibilities within Illustrator?

4. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

The pen tool? :p

You're going to have to take a photo and then draw over it. Not sure if it Illustrator has something similar to filters in Photoshop, but they suck at "vectorizing".

5. Bman

It's called Live Trace in Illustrator, and I think it's pretty good at it, you just gotta touch it up abit.

6. joyojoy

joyojoy Not all there...

I haven't explored Live Trace in CS because I've had Streamline for years (it's awesome!!!) If the Live Trace in CS2 is anything like Streamline, your best bet to start with a 1200dpi (minimum 600 dpi) high-contrast Black & White Scan.

Have you checked with eBay to see if anyone has an old copy of Streamline for sale?

7. Bman

No I haven't, I am now using Live Trace and Flash, to do images how I want them done.