Adobe Photoshop 6 slow start-up!

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Confu5ed1, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Confu5ed1

Confu5ed1 Guest

The title should be: "slow start-up"

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

:confused:

p.s. I have a P4 1.5 GHz w/ 512 MB of RAM...

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

There is nothing you can really do to make a program like photoshop start faster..it starts as fast as it can..and what do you consider "slow" other then the normal xp tweaks and tips speed ups..but other then that the program is gonna work as best it can :p

3. Confu5ed1

Confu5ed1 Guest

I tried it out on the slowest computer I have - a 233 AMD K6, with 48MB of ram, running Win98, and it ran fine...
    it takes 2-3 minutes to load with this computer (with no splash screen, etc), there has to be SOMETHING wrong, don't tell me there's nothing...
    I fixed it, anyway, but thanks for ur reply...

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

what was the problem?

5. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

confu...insight for the rest of us would be nice

6. Valek

Valek Guest

Hey Confu5ed1,

You are running the same setup as me...I think...I am on an I850 chipset with 512MB RDRAM and am considering reinstalling Photoshop 6.0 back on my XP Machine now, so what did you do to improve performance and loadup time on your machine?

Thanks

7. ChrisDeza

ChrisDeza Guest

I'm a heavy Photoshop user, load up takes a long time if (A) you have alot of fonts instaleld or (B) a comflict with one of the 3rd party Photoshop plug-ins instaled on your system.

Try removing some unneeded fonts that you dont use and see what happens then.