Adelphia Extreme

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Anyone that lives in Leesburg, VA can get a real sweet deal on broadband.

Download speeds of up to 16 Mbps

Upload speeds of up to 2 Mbps

All that for only 59.95 a month.

Link

Verizon also has FIOS (Fiber) connections available in certain areas. 15Mbit/2Mbit for $49.95/mo. Too bad neither of them are available in this area. :ermm:

Adlephia is no more. They are now Comcast on the East and TCI in the west, it will take year for them to change the names over. Call your local office to get more details.

As for the speed: Cable will never be a good as fiber, no matter how fast they "Claim" it to be. As long as it's singleplex it will never beat a duplex system .. I just wish they would get fiber in my area. I want it bad !

Johnny said:
Adlephia is no more. They are now Comcast on the East and TCI in the west, it will take year for them to change the names over. Call your local office to get more details.

As for the speed: Cable will never be a good as fiber, no matter how fast they "Claim" it to be. As long as it's singleplex it will never beat a duplex system .. I just wish they would get fiber in my area. I want it bad !

This is not entriely true, while fiber is UNQUESTIONABLLY better for propagation, the bandwidth between the 2 is identical. The only limitation is your provider. Here in Tampa we also have Verizon FIOS, and like I mentioned they can say all they want to about who is better....

but its all up to the ISP and how they limit your connectivity, they claim 15MB/s while people I know who have it can only get 11 from reliable connections in, around or NEAR the Tampa Bay area... Perfect example is the NAP of the Americas in Miami who have the single largest deposit of dark fiber laid down in the known world and you only get 11 MB from there? See the NAP here They have active OC-92s and higher terrestrial fiber connecting the US to other NAPs Worldwide... however....the 2M up seems pretty steady tho

Last edited:
mlakrid said:
This is not entriely true, while fiber is UNQUESTIONABLLY better for propagation, the bandwidth between the 2 is identical. The only limitation is your provider. Here in Tampa we also have Verizon FIOS, and like I mentioned they can say all they want to about who is better....

but its all up to the ISP and how they limit your connectivity, they claim 15MB/s while people I know who have it can only get 11 from reliable connections in, around or NEAR the Tampa Bay area... Perfect example is the NAP of the Americas in Miami who have the single largest deposit of dark fiber laid down in the known world and you only get 11 MB from there? See the NAP here They have active OC-92s and higher terrestrial fiber connecting the US to other NAPs Worldwide... however....the 2M up seems pretty steady tho
Great post, the information is great.

If I had 11MB down from certain sites, I would not complain.... I can't complain about my 5Mb down I have right now.

After being on 10mbit down, i couldn't go back to any lower. Kinda like a jump from 56k to cable..

mooo said:
After being on 10mbit down, i couldn't go back to any lower. Kinda like a jump from 56k to cable..

i know how that feels :dead:

I had dial up...then cable...then back to dial up and sometimes i borrow my buds cable modem so i can update stuff and download movies and what not. I sometimes forget I dont have his modem and I open a bunch of threads and notice they are slow :|.

I want cable!

I didn't think of that mlakrid, good post. As for broadband, I couldn't go back to dial up again either. When I go to peoples house to fix their pcs', and they have dial up, I tell them to upgrade to broadband, and complain about how bad their speed sux lol ..

Johnny said:
I didn't think of that mlakrid, good post. As for broadband, I couldn't go back to dial up again either. When I go to peoples house to fix their pcs', and they have dial up, I tell them to upgrade to broadband, and complain about how bad their speed sux lol ..

count your blessing man... I hope your on cable.... Im stuck on verizon dsl...

a SUPPOSED guaranteed 386k... HA.. My A$$... im lucky if I get 170k and verizon refuses to return my calls after they found out Im a telecom tech and chewed the technician a new one, when he tried the ol' well... it must be your telephone line... I was like: Oh really Mr Genius then why did YOUR company certify my line as 386k ready? Oh well :dead:

:( Im stuck until I buy a house, and then 11 or 15 Mb down Im still getting FIOS...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back