Add Half-Life 2 characters to your pictures...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Haha, this is really cool. :D
I've included a sample below...more on this page.

Comptest14.jpg

These are cool, I saw this about a month back.. I should have posted it :( The guy that does these is very talented. Some of them look damn near real.

Yeah, the one on the bed was probably the most realistic one. Scary. :D

Likely to do with the dull(er) lighting inside.

Some nice looking bmw's over there too :D

Awesome 3dsmax work though...

i gotta be honest.. the first time i saw HDR lighting (screens from Farcry) I wasnt impressed at all.

But after seeing these pics (thanks netryder) i gotta say i love it.

HDR is very amazing stuff, and in all honesty still screen shots dont do it justice at ALL. Pics of FC usually look either over bright or kinda dull. But the thing about HDR in games is that its dynamic, if you walk out of a dark tunnel or something out into the bright jungle sun (Farcry for example) the screen is very bright for just a few seconds as your "eyes" adjust. Its very cool technology and I cant wait for HL2 to have it. Screen shots just dont show it, videos might do a better job but with reduced picture quality of course.

Also, a lot of people confuse HDR with a bloom effect, although they are similar the overall effect is quite different. Bloom is just a static effect that makes somethings look better and others bad. Such as pics of the upcoming TES: Oblivion. I think sometimes the bloom in that looks good, and other times bad, it looks over saturated at times. I have to note.. that I am being a bit of a hypocrite at this point because I have not played TES: Oblivion and the screen shots may not do it justice as I stated earlier :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back