Active Desktop Tutorial

djwhite, I watched the square for about half an hour. Saw nothing. Wait, did it just move? Oh crap, I'm freakin out!

:D can some1 tel me how to chage the search, reset and login boxes and put name's like DC_SXking has done in the green thanks

CHAND

YES!!! It took me some 40 minutes, but the notepad code work!!!

Could someone fix the tutorial, on the main page? (you known, remove the ";" and space betwen "java script") - I was almost giving up....

Originally posted by aristofeles

Could someone fix the tutorial, on the main page? (you known, remove the ";" and space betwen "java script") - I was almost giving up....

From what madmatt said earlier in the thread, vBulletin puts the space between Java and Script, so there is really nothing that we can do about that. It is probably done so that the forums dont try to execute the scripts.

Originally posted by Geffy
From what madmatt said earlier in the thread, vBulletin puts the space between Java and Script, so there is really nothing that we can do about that. It is probably done so that the forums dont try to execute the scripts.

I've also stated numerous times within the tutorial in bold that you need to remove the space between 'java' and 'script'.

Originally posted by aristofeles

Perhaps you can try reading next time..:p

come on o_87 be nice to the new comers.

Welcome aristofeles

Maybe put it at the top of the tut?

"Some part will not work becasue of formatting. Welcome to the tutorial. Some parts will not work as a direct copy and paste, simply because of the way this site workd. Active desktops are fun, and you can set one up. however, you will not be able to simply copy and paste this tutorial, as some html and java tags get altered when they go online. Are you ready to begin?"

One question now - can anyone give me the link to the switch user command for XP? I dont really ever log off.

WinKey + L locks it
WinKey + U gives you switchin I think

Is there any way to design the desktop with MS FrontPage? Or does it all have to be done with coding?

Most if not all of the active desktop elements need to be done by coding, MS FrontPage may only helps in designing the lay out.

I need help my .html fille wont display on my desktop. I had it working fine, I had a small window like thing on my desktop with the NTFS.org link and working link to counter-strike. Then i put in code for wallpaper and everything was fine, then when i deleted an icon my desktop it went away, and now i cant get active desktop to work at all. I go to desktop, customize, web and i even started over completely and made a new html file but it wont work. Here is the code in my HTLM file... maybe im missing something, it is saved as activedesktop.html, when i double click it opens in IE and displays fine...

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Desktop</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

<a href="http://www.ntfs.org">NTFS.org</a>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Please help.... all i have is a blank white screen... its so boring...

Madmatt:
Where is Tutorial of System Resource, Free space?
Cpu: __%
Ram __%
Page __%

Another Question:
How Edit Text Color from calendar? Default Red text(Today date)

:(

Thx for Advance :)

Speed: That's all coolmon stuff. All available on the coolmon site and in their forums.

Alright, here's my question:

I want to have links on my active desktop that allow me to change my backround wallpaper. Now the ideal setup would change the html code of the page, but since that would probably create a whole lot of work, I'll settle for simply changing the page (I'll just make a whole bunch of different pages that are exactly the same but with different background="" values eg. activedesktop1.html, activedesktop2.html ect) that loads.

Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance man. Great tutorial.

k, apparently i have to have an icon on my desktop for active desktop to work.... is there anyone to use active desktop without having any desktop icons?

Originally posted by Spanko
k, apparently i have to have an icon on my desktop for active desktop to work.... is there anyone to use active desktop without having any desktop icons?

I have the same problem. That is why I have the bin on. If I delete the bin, the desktop turns to a plain coloured blue desktop.

Any solutions? :huh:

I think there is an option in the active desktop properties or something like that that says "hide icons when using active desktop or something like that

Right click on the desktop > Arrange Icons By > Show desktop Icons. Make sure this is unchecked if you don't have any icons to display.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back