Active desktop help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by yiannit, Dec 1, 2002.

1. yiannit

yiannit Guest

I just went through the tutorial but it seems like active desktop does not work at al. I put background color as white and put a link in the html and it doesnt show. I also tried to put just my current homepage as my active desktop and all is shows is a white background.

Also when i turn off active desktop, and add a background image, then turn active desktop back on using my current homepage, i get the white screen again.

Seems like when active desktop is on the background color overwrites everything
  2. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

Try this: Right click on the desktop> Arrange icons by> Uncheck 'Show dektop icons'. See if that works. For some reason I can't have icons and active desktop working together, which is okay cause I don't use icons anyway.:D
  3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    djwhite said it correctly.
    Doing the above steps should solve your problem.
  4. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i figured that i would continue this thred but i ahve it all enabled and the page i want to set it to is in and all is ready, but no active desktop, it wont show, i try the icon thing and no luck, any ideas???
  5. arson_nick

arson_nick OSNN Addict

Go to the little customize desktop > web under your display settings. Then highlight the item that you're trying to make the active desktop and click "Synchronize"