Activating Windows

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
i have had my version of XP (legit) installed for over 60 days, and today i turn it on and get a message saying that we need to re-activate windows because the hardware config. on my computer has changed within the past 60 days. however when i try to re-activate windows over the internet, it disables my network adapter, no biggie, i will just call them like i did the first time. except the program dosn't give me a new installation ID, it only wants me to change my serial number if directed to by the help person (which is a computer), any ideas?

You could try removing the wpa.dbl file to the desktop. If xp will allow it. Windows/system32 directory.

Warning: I did this & the computer would not boot into windows. I think I had to get back in using safe mode.

Anyway it is suppose to be the file that is created when xp is activated. By moving the file it might allow you to activate like a new installation. You can always put it back from within safe mode if it does not work.

Im assuming its Home edition cause Pro you dont need to activate which releaves the hassle of calling them. I remember there being a feature in the tweak prog Tweak XP that makes activation a bit easier.

Actually, Retail Versions of Windows XP Professional need to be activated.

well, i restarted my computer, passed on the registering of windows, then was able to get internet connection working. from there it would not register so i had to call them again, after failing with the computer, they gave me a LIVE person, who helped me out. thanks for all your replys :D

Pro does need activated - MSDN is the only Windows Professional Version that dose'nt ...

I'm glad you figured it out dude ..

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Yep. It's only that OTHER version that doesn't. :D

You mean the corporate edition?;)

Hey Hipster Doofus is that downloading thing in you sig the special dowload manager that comes with AOL? You know that one that disconnects you when you have got to 98% of a large download! I'm not on AOL now thankfully!

Originally posted by rushm001
You mean the corporate edition?;)

You mean the beta version ??? Yes I know what you are talking about, all it is is a pro beta version that had some extra things added and some things removed ...

Originally posted by lechtard
You mean the beta version ??? Yes I know what you are talking about, all it is is a pro beta version that had some extra things added and some things removed ...

The so-called Corporate Edition is not a beta. It is an RTM version of XP (Build 2600) that doesn't require activation. In fact, there is nothing different about the setup files in Pro and Corp.

All that's different is the CD key that you enter during setup. The "Corporate edition" uses a Volume License Key (VLK).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back