A7v8x & Ddr400 - Help

C

Canibus

hey i have an a7v8x with samsung 512mb ddr400 pc3200. i'm getting POOR memory benchmarks, which is killin me. in bios i set the ram to 266/333/400 all low benchmarks is this my ram or my mobo that causing this problem? plz reply soon!

I'm guessing it's ram, buddy.

But don't go by me.. Heh! :rolleyes:

is it possible for ram to be slow ? like ex : "i bought ddr400 ram, but t doesnt proform right" i know there is bad ram, but is there slow ram ? ;p

If it's new ... No, I don't think so.

But if it's rather old and your machine is hot, it can start to slow down and eventually die.

I am starting to think it is ram, becuase your AGP and CPU perform perfectly, and if those three had performance problems, then it would be your MOBOs north bridge. so yea, most likley you got some bad. 400 is hard to find too. :D

i don't want to sound like a jerk, but don't people read things before they go buy stuff...

go read any review about DDR400 its just no good....its to early in its development or sumthing like that...

most benchmarks show ddr400 performing the same or worse than ddr333..
stay away from ddr 400 for a while.

you could try updating your bios though.

it seems that with every bios update the manufacturer puts out ddr 400 benchmarks seem to get better

the benchmarks get better but not enough to make a difference to the user

3.2GBPS vs 2.7GBPS towards the CPU does make a difference, but again if the user is not doing anything high stress (rendering, gaming, encoding) they MIGHT not notice the improvement.

the comparisons to pc2700 and pc3200 that i've seen have shown no more than a 5% increase in 3dmark score, if that.

i'd get a kt400 or kt333 mobo with low-latency pc2700 memory and get a 166mhz bus cpu when it comes out so the cpu and memory run syncronously.

good good call. After a few more BIOS updates and so forth DDR 400 should run fine.

good good call. After a few more BIOS updates and so forth DDR 400 should run fine.

i dont know what kind of system hes running but if its an athlon xp theres no reason to even try ddr400 until 2700+ and 2800+ because of bus speeds..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back