A Problem Again

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nevs, May 18, 2002.

1. nevs

nevs Guest

ok i have a kinetz 7ea motherboard with 256mb ram , windows xp home, amd athlon 1ghz 266mhz bus speed.
    also i have a ge force 3 ti 200.
    ok the problem is when i load up the pc it says checking drive c for consitency and that rubbish and then goes do a black screen saying "windows did not start up propely please select the mode u want to start in , safe mode and all the otions" i tried em all but when i press enter on one of the modes it pauses and then automatically restarts.

the problems that ive come up with our , my motherboard it faulty, my logitech mouse drivers have mucked it up , or something in my registry .

but i dont actually really know ?

does anyone know plz help me ...
    PLZ PLZ Plz , i cant install the latest bios drivers for my mother board becuase i cant get into windows .

thx alot

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Have you tried booting from the XP install disk and doing a repair, or going into the recovery console?

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

had probs like this, the reg gets corrupted when it is loaded in RAM as one of the RAM sticks is failing. Try the system with a different Stick, or if you have two sticks test with each stick separately.