A Google story

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by FishBoy, Apr 20, 2005.

1. well google goes on and on this is a flash animation that talks about Google's future plans up to 2014 kinda freaky how the narrator gives exact date but interesting video to watch
    Link

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

alot of that stuff isnt true, like the internet wasnt invented by that guy, it was invented by the american military back in 69, yes it was at first private but later became public. and that stuff bout googlezon i dont believe one bit, but its an interesting flash

3. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

well they didnt say the internet was made by tim burners-lee. they said he made the WWW. :smoker:

4. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

Dohz sorry for the doublepost..

5. i thought the internet was first tested by stanford uni. and a couple of other schools as they tried to send files between each other and stuff and then the military took the idea to protect gov't information?

6. Eagle710

Eagle710 OSNN Senior Addict

Well its an interesting thing..... really boggles the mind with google. I mean **** to think what the hell was said maybe a true thing of the future.....cool.....yet very scary.

7. well obviously it can't be true if the flash said on august of 2010 new york times is sueing google

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Is this the one with the Googlezon story? If it is, it's pretty old. Interesting video, but it's just someone's speculation. Don't take it too seriously. ;)

That's partly correct. The first node of the internet is actually here at UCLA. Dr. Kleinrock is now an Emeritus Professor. The node is still around for historical purposes, I believe. I should find out if I can go see it sometime. :D

But yeah, the second node was established at Stanford and the first host-to-host message was sent from UCLA to Stanford.

More about it here, if you're interested: http://www.lk.cs.ucla.edu/LK/Inet/birth.html

9. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

well, nobody will believe this, but I was the very first person to conceive the idea that's currently called the "inter"net

in fact, since the idea I came up with was to out source information over a network, I called the original idea "outer net"...

of course, in order to avoid litigation, the term was reversed and marketed before I could raise a stink

so now, instead of "outernet", which is the more accurate phrase, it's called "internet'

true