A good download manager

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NetRyder, Apr 22, 2002.

1. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Hi!
    Could some of you recommend a good download manager that is free? I had been using Download Accelerator until I found that it's spyware :(
    I just wanted several people's opinion on which one they think is the best free one out there ... so many to choose from! :p

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Getright. It has spyware , but it asks you if you want to install it or not. So you can not install the spyware.

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

star has no spyware, free version is as good as most paid versions...that and tons of other free programs are on this thread

4. DrRJS08

DrRJS08 Guest

WWW.flashget.com ...These people have the best one I have ever used and no spyware...forget all the rest I am sooo serious just try it out... it works much like download accel. in that it downloads in several parts at the sametime and puts them together...I'm on T3 and have had downloads run at 400 mbps!

5. Perris Calderon

gonna try that too, but it looks to me that when you use a download manager, you love it, and think it's best, therefore, I'm going to try any that're mentioned here, that have no spyware, and give my review...x...I have a personal moral policy against using any program that supports ad, or spyware in any fasion, even if they give the option not to install it...sorry:( :( :(

6. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Not a bad policy. Glad to see you dealer.

7. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

flashget is my favourite...it had spyware before, but i think its gone in the latest release

8. Hilander

Hilander Guest

My 2ยข

FreshDownload-no ads, no spyware, easy to set up, can automaticaly run AV after download and best of all it's free.
    Get it here:FreshDownload

9. flashget is amazing, after the debacle that is gozilla *lol* and apparently it's no longer spyware. just an ad banner which is *easily removed*... :)

10. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

theres no spyware in my Download Accelerator, using the latest ad-aware and ref file

11. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Yeah I use Download Accelerator5 and have the full registered version, there IS NO spyware.

Now wether that is cos I got the full paid version i dont know, but it doesnt spy on me or have banners! :)

12. NetRyder

Thanks for all your opinions guys!! :)
    I tried out StarDownloader and it seems to be a nice, cute little app. Works very well too. I guess I'll try out FlashGet too since all you guys have recommended it ... and then I'll decide which one I want to use.
    I love this forum :D

13. Perris Calderon

make sure you post your preferance here, as I said, it seems like everybody likes what they're using, so a bias developes...you'll help settle the bias

14. NetRyder

Sure dealer! :D
    I'm heading out to d/l FlashGet now.
    Yay! I get to act as a tie-breaker :p j/k

15. NetRyder

Just realized that FlashGet is not freeware anymore ... its shareware, contains ads and nag-screens :( You have to pay to register.

I'm going to stick to banner-free StarDownloader ... I really think its good enough!

16. Outback2k1

Outback2k1 OSNN Addict

I have GetRight and like it alot. "Everything you need, nothing you dont."

17. FuN-bBeAr

FuN-bBeAr Guest

Try to use Fresh Download

www.freshdevices.com

FuN-bBeAr :p

18. Hi

I use Reget, which is pretty cool i think, allthough it is not freeware, it is certainly worth a try, and definetly the best download manager I have ever tried!

http://www.reget.com

Regards

Kvag Raddamoss

19. davidjevery

davidjevery Guest

Download Manager

Hi There

A very good download manager is MetaProducts Download Express, it has a nice clean interface, options to control your downloads, has NO Spyware and best of all its FREE and a very small download.

Check it out below

http://www.metaproducts.com/mpFrames.html

Cheers

Dave

20. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

ok I know that this is a very old thread to revive :rolleyes: . I am looking for a good download manager that integrates well with IE6. I have been using Flashget for quite a while but somehow it misses some files sometimes and I have to download them through IE. I'd love it if someone knows how to make Flashget browser integration better.