A few questions

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by KatFisch, Jun 19, 2002.

1. KatFisch

KatFisch Guest

1) How do I remove the highlighting that appears on the start menu when you click to start a program?
    Im sure I have done this before on the Admin. account but it doesnt seem to have worked on the other Limited accounts. Do I have to edit the registry for each?

2) Is there any way that I can change the XP Welcome screen back to the way it was on Win95/98? Rather than have that big blue screen, can I just make it so that I get just the plain ol' grey boxes to type my name and password?

3) I also remember editing something in the registry to shorten the amount of time that the Start menu would take to "disappear" after clicking on a program. It is fine on the admin. account but, again, on the limited accounts, the menu's take a while to fade away after they have been clicked on.

Ok, I think thats it for now. TIA for any help offered :)

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

For the welcome screen, try the program logon loader. You can change your logon screen simple with this program.

For the other two question, i suggest: try a tweaking tool, like customizer xp or magictweak or tweak-xp. I think they will work.

You can find all the progs on www.download.com

I hope this helps :)

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

You can change the way you login by going to Control Panel>>>User Acct>>>Change the way users login.

4. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

1) Right click on the taskbar>properties>start menu>advanced>uncheck "Highlight newly installed programs"

2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\desktop\menushowdelay

5. KatFisch

KatFisch Guest

Thank you :)