6600gt

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by trackrat, Mar 25, 2005.

1. trackrat

trackrat Birmingham UK

Need some advice on a PCI-E 6600GT card, has anyone used one and which is the best.
    I am building an AMd 64 with an Abit AX8 mobo so any advice would be helpful.

2. jpom

jpom OSNN Addict

Well I use a BFG 6600GT OC, it's AGP grant you but they offer a PCI-E version as well. The card comes overclocked straight out of the box. The beauty of it is that BFG offers a lifetime warrenty on their cards, I have yet to test out their support as I've never had a problem with mine, but everything I've heard and read points to their 24/7 support being exceptional.

James

3. imcrazydammit

imcrazydammit OSNN One Post Wonder

I actually plan on getting the AGP version of this card myself. My friend just got a BFG 6800GT and he has been really pleased. Since he games more than me I don't really need a 6800GT so I'll probably go with this one. Either way, I have heard good things.

4. Elektro Slime

Elektro Slime Harware Guru

well the 6600 gt pcie version is shown to perform better then the agp version in most test. actually it compares pretty well with the 9800 pro and even with the x800 pro in some doom3 benches. its a good buy. get the gigabyte one, comes with a free dvd of doom3.