5900 FX, worth the hype?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LocKStocK, May 16, 2003.

1. LocKStocK

LocKStocK Smokin & Jokin

Im very interested in returing to Nvidia:)
    I've seen the benchmarks and am very impressed,
    I just wanted to know what everybody else thought of this
    beast of a graphics card.
    Also, which make of FX would you recommend? eg. Asus, Gainward, etc...

2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

This thread == sazar bait :D ;)

It compares fairly well to the radeon 9800 pro, but I would still stick with the radeon for raw power with AA and AF. Wait for some other opinions though :)

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

yes nv35 == worth the hype.... whether you spend the $499 for the card is another story though :)

it is the top card along with the radeon 9800pro... raw performance it is better... with AA and AF... since the 9800pro is doing more work (ie better image quality/aliasing and so forth) I would personally say ati is better... though this is up in the air...

nv35 probably best right now :)

but there is a great deal of controversy (refer to our front page under hardware as well as www.nvnews.net homepage for more information about nvidia driver cheats) concerning some benches... this does NOT mean that the gf FX lineup is bad... it just means that nvidia plays dirty :)

since pretty much all FX cards are the same which brand makes little difference though Gainward is coming out with a single slot version and also for $200 more... a water cooled version...

btw have you noticed the utter lack of mention on the nvidia homepage concerning the gf FX 5800 series of cards :D