56K Tweak

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by _DM_, Jun 30, 2002.

1. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

Ok I have AOL and a 56K, and whenever I play games on multiplayer it runs good, my ping is low and everything! But when i play more than 30 minutes or an hour I lag like hell! This always happens, dont gimme crap answer like get DSL or other stuff. Tell me how to solve this problem?

2. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

but is there a way to tweak a modem? Are there any 56K Modem tweaks?

3. iowaboy

iowaboy old person

what is your connect speed? you may have to slow down your connect speed a little. But I see you are on AOL so making adjustments may be fruitless. You are at their mercy and I will not go into my feelings on them, or commets.

4. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Thats about all you can do

5. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

mine finally broke down and got another phone line since i disabled call waiting and tied up the phone for 80% of the day. i never did shotgun though.. i am thinking about doing it with my cable though

6. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

yea i know i hate the phone...My sisters dumbass boyfriend will call every 3 mins.. i swear we come home and the caller id says "42 new calls" and every single one was from him.. we were gone for 2 hours... now i just listen to music loud and leave the phones at the other end of the house