4200 128mb: aopen, evga, prolink

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Taurus, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i'm thinkin bout getting a 4200 128mb with VIVO... getting all the bells and whistles. those 3 brands are the cheapest, especially prolink and aopen. but i tried my hardest to find a review on either one and i can't find anything at all. wanna know if there were any issues with any of these, what speed memory they have (4ns or otherwise), and overclockability. anyone know anything?

or maybe i'll just get a 4600 VIVO for like $60 more.

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

what ever make, (don't know about Aopen), get the second edition one. 8x, do not get the 4x, if your mobo supports 8x!

It should hopefully!

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

*glances at sig* nope... 4x.
    besides, 8x hasn't been proven to offer any performance increase. there really isn't even a difference between 2x and 4x.

after talking it over with my friends, i decided i'm going to go with a 4600 after all. i got an awesome job a few weeks back so the extra bucks aren't a big deal. }:>

5. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

6. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

^LMAO@this geek... what kind of nerds sit around discussing video cards while eating a Western Bacon Cheeseburger that was really good to myself...

Doh!

7. Davlia

Davlia Guest

Yeah.. those Western Bacons are the shizzat.. I fully commend the people who work at Carl's Jr. They are awesome people.. and anyone who works there.. or wants to work there (cuz they're job at a warehouse sucks) is okay in my book..

8. Smokie

Did I miss something. Where does Western Bacon Cheeseburger come into this.

taurus was just asking an opinion about certain video cards so that doesn't mean he is a geek or a nurd.

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

geesh... don't worry about it, smokie... they're the "friends" i was talking about earlier. notice one only has a single post. lol

10. Smokie

No probs taurus, I have friends like that as well..Who needs enemies with friends like them I ask. :D