40.71 Makes Graphics Flicker

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by PiCTuREm3RolLin, Nov 19, 2002.

1. I have just installed the new nvidia drivers and my counter strike flickers in large areas.....What do you think the problem is?

2. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

wait you mean your screen flickers right? if so you need to fix it with nvrefreshtool to adjust your monitors refresh rate to 85hz or higher depending on your monitor. when installing new video driver everything becomes back to default setting.

3. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Had the same problem, try running CS in opengl mode instead of d3d. Hope this helps,
    jumpy

4. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Maybe what PiCTuREm3RolLin is referring to is not the refresh problem, but an annoying thing where parts of the screen "shift" for a split second (for lack of better way to describe it). This happened to me too since I've installed the newer drivers. Although in my case, it only happens in the pre-game menus, but not the game itself.

At first I thought it was because I o/c my video too high, but lowering it didn't help.

5. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Not trying to be a smart ass, but the problem for you is the new driver. With so many variables/system configurations, one size does not fit all. The latest is not always the best. With so many driver versions out there pick the one that works best, not the one with the highest number.

6. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I kinda figured that after reducing the o/c setting, but it's not really that bad since it's not in the actual game itself. I'd rather have a driver that performs better when it counts and live with a little "crappiness" until a fixed version comes out. :)