350Watt PSU

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sazar, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

eh ok :)

just wanted to find out.. and I am being picky here coz I am strapped for cash...

I have ordered an MSi turbo mobo (via KT-333) and an 1800+ CPU... wanted to find out about the power supply... 350 should be more than enough but I want to make sure... should I spend extra for 400 or should it support the cpu/cd-rw/DVD combo/tv tuner/vid/2-hdd and more stuff I am going to be putting it...

mind most of this stuff works fine on my current rig which has a P.O.S. psu in it...but please endeavor to enlighten...

I suppose the answer will be a yes it will work fine... but don't let that stop you from posting.. I want to know about potential glitches :)

cheers lads...

btw.. reason for getting msi 333 chipset board? its cheap/well known/from a vendor down the street so I can return it (have talked to em already :D ) does NOT have an SiS chipset and MAIN reason is it has pretty colors...

2. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

I have heard so many stories about power supply wattage its just to much. Listen the power supply should be from a reliable company who does not cut corners. There are 300w power supplys out there than can kick a 400w ass. Its all about the company not giving the customer the finger. So do your research and choose wisely. (btw) AMD proc do have a ravenous appetite:) and MSI makes great boards so dont worry.

3. Sazar

cheers mate...

reason I asked was for about 5 bucks more I can GET the case I wanted (its a nice gray/white combo and its a FULL SIZE... made of metal... not crummy plastic) and I can buy the same wattage psu from Antec...

the one at the shop I saw seemed a bit iffy... but then I did not have the opportunity to pull it out of the case and take a look at it...

anyhoo.. you are saying I can also use a 300 watt PSU ? would that be safe?

4. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

thats soooo true ;)

a decent 350 watt should do the trick m8...

MdSalih

5. Sazar

danke de boss...

danke vedi much...

:D