3.5 floppy

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tuffgong4, May 6, 2003.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

ok I used a preformatted 3.5 disk and saved stuff to it...I've tried it on three different computers and can't get to the files...does anyone know of anyway to retrieve the stuff it is really important...thanks guys

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Sorry can't help you there.

Also remember, never store anything important on a floppy disk unless you have a backup. The break more often than my grandma's hips.

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Try BadCopy. It's shareware, costs about 40 bucks, but it's worth it. The shareware version only checks the disk to see whether or not the file(s) can be saved and if you pay for a license, you can extract the files. I used a cracked (I know, I know, but I was very desparate) version of this program and it worked wonderfull. I saved most of the files of the disk, including the important ones.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

LOL :p
    So true! I stopped using floppies a long time ago. It's a sure-shot way of losing your data.
    Either store your files online (FTP), on another computer (file server), or on CD-R/RW.

This laptop doesn't even have a floppy drive. :D

5. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

Badcopy really helped!!!...thanks saved one for me...I really appreciate it! Thanks alot

6. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

This does not resolve the issue, but it seems that if you format a floppy and store files via previous op system ( 98 etc) they cannot often be read by XP.
    However if you format and use via XP then reuse on others its OK!
    Does not seem to have happen with other combination of systems.
    You could try to copy to disc via Win 98 then re access disc in XP to convert back to formatted floppy on XP.
    Long winded but possible.