2400+ but comp says 1800+

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tuffgong4, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

ok so I know this has been covered many times but I looked for a long time and can't find the thread for it. so my friend put a comp together with a Leadtek NCR18D PRo and a 2400+ thoroghbred. Now I knew that you needed to do some special stuff for the motherboard to run the processor to full potential but he didn't ask me before he put the comp together. I read somewhere that you have to flash the bios to get the true performance. if anyone can help please do I know it's been covered but I can't find the thread to talk about it...

2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

The board is probably defaulting to 100fsb. With a multiplier of 15x that gives 15x100 = 1500 which is the approx clock speed of an 1800+
    Enter the bios at startup and there should be a FSB option in there somewhere. Change that to 133 and all should be good :)

3. Tuffgong4

ok so I changed the fsb to 133mHz but what change to get the clock speed to the right one

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

the core speed of the processor is directly affected by it's frontside bus (fsb) and multiplier.

the 2400+ is 15x133 = 2ghz

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

the fsb increase should be all you need to do it get the right clock speed out of the processor

6. Tuffgong4

ok cool...thanks guys