2 Monitors

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by banter, Apr 2, 2002.

1. banter

banter Guest

I have 2 monitors and want to put them to better use.
    I have heard that some games can use both monitors (a different view in each), such as flight sim pro 2002. Does anyone know how i can do this and if any other games support it??

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

If the game supports it there are usually setup options and such to configure that feature, I don't know of a way to use it otherwise other then if the game supports the default extension of desktop so that it is split into 2 windows.

3. rodneyck

rodneyck Guest

There are very few games that support 2 monitors and you are correct, flight sim pro is one of them.

You can set up dual monitors in two ways;
    1. buy a graphics card that has dual monitor support, ie two connectors on one card.

2. Two seperate graphic cards, one AGP (main card) and one PCI (secondary card). I recommend a little research as to which ones are the best and support what Microsoft calls Multi-mon.

Check out www.realtimesoft.com, they have a cool program that adds some cool features for dual monitors, ie task bar extended on the second monitor, two different wallpapers, etc. They also have a very helpful forum for multi-mon FAQs.

Hope this helps.