1900+ ?

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by Bretenn, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

hey guys,

i'm thinking of overclocking my com.... and i jus wan to know guys out there who had 1900+, did u guys overclock it?? and how many that it increase?? currently i'm overclock it to 2000+........ i think if after a few days and it seems that it is stable, then i will increase it..... by the way wat cpu fan that u guys recommend (thinking of buying a new one)?? currently i'm using arkua 7228 copper core-7000rpm/38cfm
  2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    as far as I know you can o/c the chip pretty good... should easily be able to get to 2000+ leves since it is ONLY 33mhz away in actual clock speed...

um... just don't do too much too soon... read up what your board can take/coolers must be good so on so forth...

doon't want you to burn out your board...

I have already been up to 2000+ level and I went back to default because I want to install a couple more things...

once I have my rig all stable and everything installed I am going to start creeping back up a little at a time...

monitor your cpu temps...

my max ever was 40 C at 65 % cpu usage :)

fan speed is 3700 RPM...

3. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

get it... and i definitely will monitor it... thanks ;)
    btw... my idle temp is bout 39~40c. Any recommendation for the cpu fan?? thinking of buying sanyo denki 4600 rpm/53cfm

who else that overclock 1900+ chip over 2000+ ?? jus want to know tho.... 10q
  4. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Go with the highest cfm fan your ears can handle.

Perfer copper hs.