128x128 Icons

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by bruce_ers00, Oct 23, 2002.

1. bruce_ers00

bruce_ers00 Guest

I know this entire process is possible my problem is finding out how to do so. I have done it before and cannot remember the program's name.

I am currently working on converting my BORING desktop to something more, fun, I guess. I want to show my desktop icons in a "title" effect or 128x128 icons. I do not want any of my other folders to reflect this change, just my desktop. I guess the feature I am looking for is "use LARGE icons" in Win98. Again, this setting changes the entire windows environment I want this to change just my desktop.

Does anyone know the programs name that I speak of (it's an option within a tweak program) or a registry setting that I can modify?
  2. bruce_ers00

bruce_ers00 Guest

Anyone? I would prefer (if at all possible) a registry tweak? :D
  3. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

vancouver, bc
    right click your desktop, select properites. click appearence tab. click effects button and put a check mark in the use large icons box
  4. Kuja

Kuja OSNN Addict

128X 128, eh?

Sorry, arrow in wrong direction.... :(

You can edit them, using the Size variable thingy......
  5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

This will change the icons everywhere not only on the desktop. To get 128x128 sized icons you have to modify first the registry by changing the value for Shell Icon Size at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\WindowMetrics to 128.
    Don't know how or even whether it is possible to change it only for the desktop.
  6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Santa Clara, CA
    Its not possible without the use of an extra program like Object Desktop. But I dont recommend it as it is a huge resource hog.
  7. DFX

DFX OSNN Senior Addict

Any other programs?