Zonealarm Start-ip

M

MGL

Does anyone know hpw to have 'zonealarm' or any other app. start only when IE or Outlook connect, and not start when windows starts.
(i.e. SPEEDING UP BOOT TIME)

other then just having a shortcut on your desktop and manually running it, I'm not sure if there is a way that you can do that...you possibly could create a shortcut on the desktom that when you doubleclick launches zonealarm then ie...i'll look into it but zone alarm loading shouldn't take a whole lot of your boot time up

I think Zonealarm itself loads fairly fast, but it's the damn
splash screen that hangs around for more than a few
seconds. You can click through it though.

I found a registry entry for the ZA splash screen, but
changing it had no effect.

Thats true, it's not the loading of ZA but the splashscreen.
I think I remember being able to turn it of in a previous version?

I could be wrong because I haven't used it in a while, but doesn't ICQ have a NetDetect agent or something like that to launch ICQ when connected? If I remember correctly, it had an option to add other programs to it.

If the above is correct, just remove the startup items from your startup menu and registry and add them to that NetDetect thing.

If you don't use ICQ, then I'm sure there's something similar out there.

Forgive me for asking, but isn't the point of a firewall to protect the computer from unauthorized access from the network? Don't you think you want that running all the time? Just running it while IE/OE are running doesn't do jack if it's not running the rest of the time. Assuming of course you have a dedicated DSL/Cable connection. If you don't, you don't need firewall software anyway.
/L.A

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back