ZoneAlarm Security Suite

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
ZoneAlarm Security Suite - Review

First impressions of having the Firewall combined with the Antivirus were mixed, previously having used Norton Internet Security that was one of the first programs to at least bundle both an Antivirus and a Firewall, the amalgamation was yet untried.

I had used an early SP2 build and was quite impressed with the idea of the operating system monitoring vital security services, especially third-party services. Hopefully customizing the services being protected will be an option in the final release, although I do not keep my hopes up in this regard, do to the unfortunate stance of Microsoft.

This combination of Firewall and Antivirus is the next natural step in the evolution of computer security. In combination with a device such as a router that supports the software in use, monitoring these services via the external hardware could create a very secure environment indeed. My only wonder is if the ZoneAlarm Security Suite will be fully compatible with SP2 on release, my guess is yes. As for the hardware devices functioning with ZoneLabs products, certain hardware vendors already support versions of ZoneAlarm.

The Suite is quite similar in design to previous ZoneAlarm programs, and the functionality is easy to understand and integrate. All the features of ZoneAlarm Pro are included with this beta and it is fully functional for 60 days. Also included are a few new features, most of which I regard to be needing more development, especially towards customizability. I will keep in mind however as you should too that this is still in Beta and should not be judged too harshly nor be considered for users with less than a technical aptitude of understanding.

In conjunction with SP2 and a router I hazard to say it will be quite difficult for someone with even extensive knowledge of security systems to gain unauthorized access. For me it will be a pleasing replacement as an antivirus, although I doubt it will be ready to replace my Ad Filtering program, nor has it mad a move towards combination of Antivirus and Malware removal.

Pros: replaces antivirus, powerful firewall (even non-Pro version is not bad, lacks the custom filtering however), not a terrible ad filter but there are better ones, lots of updates, autoupdate is completely silent, quite alot of featues for being primarily a Firewall/Antivirus

Cons: not the best ad filter in the world, no Malware removal/detection

Rating ** 4/5 **

Official Site
Download BETA
Screenshot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back