zonealarm problems

E

evilhomer

i can sometimes hit my ftp and sometimes can't (take off zonealarm, right after i can't hit and it works)

i initially had remote desktop connection working and now its absolutely not.

i read the manual, the [pathetic] faq, i've searched on google, can't figure this out.

last night it asked to authorize Serv-u (my ftp server again), even though it was previously authorized. i have since messed with every setting i can find, ports, etc... the problem is definately zone alarm, as soon as I stop it, I can do anything.

if i connect with remote desktop first, then start zonealarm, i get kicked off.

other then these 2 issues, i love the program, but its driving me CRAZY!

Manually open port 21 for ftp and port 3389 for remote desktop. ZA Pro does not behave right with server apps like these all the time. And if you are running ZoneAlarm, not ZA Pro, then buy Pro and run that, because you can't do anything unless you drop your "internet" security levels.
/Lactic

Oh, and think about using IIS' built in FTP server which you can choose to install in XP. If you do a bit of research on how to secure it (and there's not much necessary for the FTP portion) it's much easier to configure than serv-u.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back