ZoneAlarm Pro problem

G

Gouk

I just clean installed ZoneAlarm Pro and in the Program Control section I cannot see which programs are allowed to access the internet and which programs are not anymore, I could before.

Even if I manually add a program it still doesn't come up on-screen with details.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I did a clean install (v4.0.146.029) and cleared out all previous registry keys of ZoneAlarm Pro too.

In the program control section, select the Main tab and see what you have set for the program control level.

Check the attachment.

I've been using ZoneAlarm for a few years nw and have never had this problem.

When you did an uninstall did yo umake sure everything was gone and reboot the pc ???

There are probs with ZAP that makes you have to install it then uninstall it a couple of times at times .. You may even have to do *I hate to say it* a reformat,, I have v4.0.146.029 it installed no probs, I then took it out and put Mcafee Peresonal Firewall Plus in ... What you could have even done is just upgrade the one you have now ..

Click on the programs tab to see what programs have or do not have access.

Originally posted by Leevoy
Click on the programs tab to see what programs have or do not have access.

Have you not seen the attachment in the first post?

mmmmmmmmm Yes. You have clicked on the tab 'main' and not programs. :)):

Is ZA set to not accept new programs? I did not see such an option in my version but its 6 months older.

Try dropping the slider under main to low and make sure you have "no password" selected (lock on top of screen).

I don't have a password set and whenever a program needs access to the internet the first time it asks with a popup bubble.

ZoneAlarm Pro has worked fine before, I don't know why it shouldn't now.

Even if I try to manually add a program with the Add.. button in Program Control it doesn't appear on the list.

Hmm, when a program tries to access the internet, if I click the "More Info" button, I get this dialog.

Both of those components have access to the internet though as far as I know.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ZoneAlarm Pro many times now and the problem still exists :mad:

The first snap you showed, it showed the 'main' tab clicked.

Try changing the skin to electric green see if that works.

You can always goto the zone alarm forums and ask them.

As for speaking (mailing to) tech support they don't bother sending replies, I sent them 4 and they have never replied.

NE wayz hope you find a solution soon:p

That's exactly what happened to me. Buggy program. Solution = use another firewall :)

Find me a program that isn't buggy. :rolleyes:

I've used several different firewalls for a good while (NIS, Kerio, ZAPro). I'm on ZoneAlarm now and I find it to be a quality firewall.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Hope so.

Just to elaborate on my previous post, I did a "upgrade" over the previously bugged installation and all of the programs I gave access permissions or denied them appeared in the Program Control | Programs tab so everything is intact.

This new version seems very stable.

It's always stable after fresh installation. Let's see if it withstands the test of time :)

Originally posted by coathanger007
It's always stable after fresh installation. Let's see if it withstands the test of time :)

It lasted over a year with the last installation with many upgrades to the latest versions (June 2002 - October 2003), it was the previous version which was problematic.

IMO ZoneAlarm Pro is the best software firewall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back