ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0.062 Beta

W

wassup_ken

it seemed to install fine, and i rebooted fine, but then i saw in the tray that the icon was a big "X" and it was disabled, i couldn't enable it, so i just system restored to right before i installed it

I don't know what Zone Labs were playing at releasing this when it has barely reached the alpha stage, there were bugs everywhere and I had to reinstall then remove ZoneAlarm2 to get rid of it, what a mess. There were bugs stopping me logging on to this forum, downloading files, it had to go, a nice written up preview would have been better than trying it myself, it seems to have alot of new features and I will consider using in the future, but it is just not ready yet, I wouldn't even know where to begin submitting bugs!

It also trashed my XP install , i had to go back a restore point also

They have a LONG way to go before release ... but i guess thats what BETA means = bugs

Yes, Electric there are so many bugs anyone completing the installation is looking for trouble and wouldn't know where to start submitting :rolleyes: . As far as xp goes I use it also, but didn't need to use my restore, all you needed to do, is go into safe mode, assuming you can as I needed 3 attempt at it before it would let me, and remove it through the registry after that it was fine and I removed it completely.:p I think in true it is a nice program, as well. I would give it more considerable thought for beta programs in general, and hopefully it will dominate the za :D

it was working fine right after installation, but after the reboot it wouldn't work

i loved some of the features, you could close pop-ups if they are loading for onger than 3 seconds!!

I installed it too, but I guess I've been lucky so far- no bugs, no errors, and it installed just fine over my previous version of ZoneAlarm Pro. Only thing that gets annoying is when you load web pages that it blocks portions of it always pops up it's little "Privacy Policy has altered this page" or whatever. Bah to that.

Otherwise though, some nice new features and a pretty new interface.... you gotta love the stats on the main screen:

XX Intrusions have been blocked since install
XX of those have been high-rated

.... the soothing comfort of security(?) :)

hey guys! see this, i told the ZAP 3 people of the problem i had, and they said:

Hi,

Please re-install 3.0 and choose "Erase previous settings" during the install.

Reboot

Best regards,

Zone Labs Beta Team

so if it doesn't work, u might want to try that

I've had it on (ZAP 3.0b) for almost a week now, and the only problem i've had is that it insists that every time I make a fresh connection to the net it asks me if I want to make this the default. Other than that it's been running quite nicely thankyou, have a nive day.

ta ta

TOK:)

I'm having no trouble, but there should be a way to dissable that balloon at the bottom when the thing doe it's job

Originally posted by dealer
I'm having no trouble, but there should be a way to dissable that balloon at the bottom when the thing doe it's job

go to "Privacy" (on the list of stuff on the left, overview, firewall, etc. ) and for Cookie Control click on "custom"
at the bottom of that window uncheck the box ""show privacy advisor" and it should be fine, =)

I would like that balloon to be dissabled on a site by site basis, like,"remember my answer"

if u do that, it shouldn't come up for any more web sites (at least it didn't for me)

I want it to come up the first time I visit, and then let me create a rule

Yes i agree it needs a RUle addition

so you can add as you go along

Zone Alarm 3 has driven me nuts :p
After removing 2 I couldn't use 2 anymore, thought it was my fault too, but what can I do :(
Have had to put 3 back on, which I guess will work next time I reboot.

This is a little off topic.. just wondering if there is any add-ons to the xp default firewall that will make it more conifigurable?

Originally posted by Sm|th 6th
This is a little off topic.. just wondering if there is any add-ons to the xp default firewall that will make it more conifigurable?
no, i dont' think so

I have a good idea

I have a smashingly fresh idea... ZA is crap why not use Sygate?!
as far as software firewalls go it is the best and while it actually requires a brain to use it is still fairly simple...

-rudenal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back