zonealarm is stupid!

C

cky

zonealarm is a b*tch! it wont let me direct connect on aim, let people on my ftp and like200000000000000000000 other things. the only way to get anything to work is to completely shut it down. is there anyway to fiX this ?

YA.... Get Nortons Internet Security. I had the same problem with Zone.

:cool:

I'm not sure about AIM, but it works fine with G6 Ftp Server.

I had no problem with zone alarm.... That is until I got hacked. I went with Internet Security 2002. And haven't had a problem yet. Jsut follow the wizards when setting up and it will run nicely.

ZAPro works well if you can configure it properly. Let me know when you figure it out =)

ZA blows chunks (for me). I have tried ZA serveral times over a three year period. But is has always caused me trouble one way or another. So I switched to Tinys Firewall which is also free. www.tinysoftware.com

The only problem I have had yet is the ZA seems to have CRSS (Can't Remember Shit Syndrome). I keep telling it that it is fine for IE, AIM, Edonkey, and others to access the internet and each and every time it asks yet again. I do check the remember this box and still it forgets. I think it has Old-Timer's disease. :D

Paisley

Hmm, I must be one of the few that hasn't had any problems with Zone Alarm Pro.

Originally posted by Paisley
The only problem I have had yet is the ZA seems to have CRSS (Can't Remember Shit Syndrome). I keep telling it that it is fine for IE, AIM, Edonkey, and others to access the internet and each and every time it asks yet again. I do check the remember this box and still it forgets. I think it has Old-Timer's disease. :D

Paisley

There is a fix for this problem on the ZoneAlarm web site: http://www.zonealarm.com/services/support_issues.htm#11issues

zone alarm is hard to uninstall, even using a registry program, make sure you backup before you install it.

I hate to admit it, but I still can't figure out how to make changes in "tiny personal firewall"...anyone with a quick ABC?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back