ZoneAlarm and my registery...

-seek-

OSNN Addict
My Ad Watch is picking up a registry modification from Zone Alarm...

Its in the local_machine
Value: ZAMailStafeExt

I have the demo version of ZA with just the firewall and whats scaring me is it says "Mail Staff" in there and i dont know if their getting info about me or what??

and the thing is this happens everyday... sometimes 10 times in a row...

any help out there? guys?

When was the last time you ran a antivirus, or ad aware program ??

That is part of zone alarm. It's funnt because on their forum there is no mention of it ..

Johnny said:
When was the last time you ran a antivirus, or ad aware program ??

That is part of zone alarm. It's funnt because on their forum there is no mention of it ..

so your saying it normal? i have my virus scanner set on every with and my ad-aware

-seek- said:
so your saying it normal? i have my virus scanner set on every with and my ad-aware

I been finding mixed emotiions about it on google. Try doing a complete uninstall of the program and reinstall it. When I say complete I mean reg files and such as well.

here is some info on how to do ao complete removal of the program:
Code:
http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/Prod_1/Articles55646/CompleteUninstallNonNT.html

First off, the value should be "Mail Safe Extensions" not "mail stafe ext". Be absolutly sure of the exact spelling of that value and check to see if there is another value like it there also.

Your Demo of ZA probably has the "Email Protection" option.

Read this as it explains how ZA "Mailsafe Extensions" works.

You can also run a "reg cleaner" to get rid of any erronious entries or dead ones.

Also read this.

gonaads said:
First off, the value should be "Mail Safe Extensions" not "mail stafe ext". Be absolutly sure of the exact spelling of that value and check to see if there is another value like it there also.

Your Demo of ZA probably has the "Email Protection" option.

Read this as it explains how ZA "Mailsafe Extensions" works.

You can also run a "reg cleaner" to get rid of any erronious entries or dead ones.

Also read this.

Absolutely!

That is what I thought is was, just wasn't to sure and going by what her originally siad goonads. I edited my post in the beginning, I first said it was probably for his email adn nothing to worry about ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back