Zone Alarm Pro

H

hellacool

Im running Zone Alarm Pro 2.6.362 on Win XP Pro. It seems to be working fine but at boot up I get errors in my event log.

Application:

1 - The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

System:

1 - The TrueVector Internet Monitor service terminated with the following error:
An instance of the service is already running.

2 - Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the TrueVector Basic Logging Client service to connect.

3 - The TrueVector Basic Logging Client service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Are these normal? Like I said it is working fine but I do not like errors.

I don't get those errors...

I run the same version and I get zero errors at boot. Maybe you should uninstall, remove the registry entries, re-boot, see if you still have errors, then reinstall.

u must uninstall everything... folders, registries, ect.
then install again

if that dont help...probly currupted

Actually this is normal for ZA Pro, although it doesnt happen to all people. It may something to do with Broadband connections, I dunno.

If its working fine, I wouldn't worry about.

I believe this error happens at logon, because for some reason True Vector Service tries to start itself twice. While its a bug that should be fixed, I dont believe it causes any problems other than maybe delaying your startup a little bit.

Fixed (for now)

I uninstalled ZAP, Deleted all directories and all instances in the reg. Reinstalled and it seems ok. One thing that bugged me was it still knew that I had installed this before and asked to use my old settings. I deleted everything I could find about ZAP in my reg. I wonder how it still knew? Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back