• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

zone alarm pro

L

larry99

having problems using msn messanger ,when i have zone alarm pro on ,can only connect and text with it ,but if i switch zone alarm off i can send voice and video . Is this right that you have to switch off your firewall

M

mafiafromrussia

hey welcome to forums :)

to send voice/video you dont have to turn off firewall, you only have to go to preference of zone and allow messenger to get access to internet. u just have to open ports that msn messenger uses. i really have no experience with zone alarm but wait some more til other people tell u more info.

R

Ramanuman

I never had that particular problem, but I found ZA never caused me any trouble after I turned off XP's integrated firewall.

Apart from that, as mafia said, it's just a matter of allowing Messenger full access in ZA's console.

Good luck !

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Same here, I found it you are running both ZA Pro and XP's integrated Firewall there tends to be occasional problems... downloading while in mIRC (using the mIRC download thingy) FTP D/L and U/L problems and a couple of others that I can't remember at the moment. But when I disabled XP's Firewall and just used ZA Pro everything works great.

B

Burpster

go to program control in ZA and enable MSN Mess. as a server and it should work fine then

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies