Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Re: Computer Upgrade - Finally

Why use a fake dual core cpu ?

It was a valid question the intel so called dc cpu's are in fact not true dc cpu , dont need look far to find that information , and any name brand like hp or dell is fine for a company who does not care about throwing them away after 3-4 years , other than that imho they are duds.

Here is a small caption to read.

The performance drawback on Intel's side is something we would absolutely be willing to live with for the sake of the multi-tasking experience, and we don't really expect the Pentium D to have any trouble being accepted by the market. However, there is something that we can't really tolerate: the Pentium D system manages to burn over 200 watts as soon as it's turned on, even when it isn't doing anything. It even exceeds 310 W when working and 350+ W with the graphics card employed! AMD proves that this is not necessary at all: a range of 125 to 190 Watts is much more acceptable (235 counting the graphics card). And that is without Cool & Quiet even enabled.

Here's the bottom line. If we had to recommend a single core processor, the choice would depend greatly on the type of applications in use. But in the dual core arena, though, there is not much that speaks for Intel: go with the Athlon 64 X2.

And I did not insult anyone with rude comments I stated my opinion and because it is not in line with some others I am attacked on a personal level where I never said a word to a person or directed at a person I simple say the DC from Intel is a poor choice and a brand name is a dead end. Those are valid opinions .

I'll do however I please.

Get out of town ! :lick:

Yes because rules dont apply to some I am sure , If I started insulting people I get banned , hey master seeing as we live close why not meet for a beer?

Source it is the right thing to do. I don't think that was a personal attack. Then again you might have cry-bot ver 1.2 on or something?

Being called a troll is an insult and against forum rules , only for some though.

But back to the new PC lets look at this very clear point from a tech we have ram at 533mhz and cpu at a so called 800mhz
just more of the same from brand names and intel ... a ratio of 1:1 ie ram and cpu both at the true 200mhz in bios 200 FSB with a set ram at 400 would out perform that unbalanced setup we see above.

I asked why he went with the Intel but then again if he is buying a pre-built name brand then we all know why , for some very strange reason AMD has been kept out of the name brand game , wonder if a certain court case comes to mind , but we see in sales now AMD is right on track and even leading intel in sales , HP now offers AMD servers and we see full page ads for HP / AMD which is new , but things are turning around , But its funny how you ask a question in short form around here and you get called a troll ... LOLOL

What no one can come back and say that this is not a valid question to ask when see see the power consumption> sry but I only asked why Intel and I know why he was not left a choice when we went name brand because Intel bully's company's > .

the Intel Pentium 4 or Pentium D systems also consume more energy in idle mode - more than the Athlon 64 or Athlon 64 X2 under maximum load.

my question is.... the last pc you built was AMD. and you praised that to no end and said never would you use intel again or sell intel. What happened to that?

I was not aware that he said that LOL

I only wanted to see why Intel over AMD , I do not buy just because its brand A or B I try and find out as much as I can and then go with a choice.

It is great to see how fast people jump in and start making statements that are directed to me and are not based on the topic at hand ... Not suprised to see the same people doing it either ... now where is the information saying my information is wrong ?

Or are you just trolling again?

Anyone want to talk about the FSB and RAM speeds ?

If it uses DDR2 and claims 533mhz anyone want to tell us what that really means in terms of the true MHZ on the bus?

Intel will return to a single-core processor for its first 65-nanometer desktop processor, code-named Cedar Mill. Cedar Mill will be the second Intel processor built on the company's forthcoming 65-nanometer processing technology, which takes advantage of smaller transistors to advance performance and decrease power consumption. Yonah, a previously disclosed dual-core mobile processor, will be the first 65-nanometer chip released in the fourth quarter of 2005.

If I understand this Yonah is the chip yours is based on?

I think the AMD owned is a little biased seeing as in that article they say the AMD out perfoms as much as 30% better when running any single application .. the heat is an issue I am yet to be convinced he is getting the chip he thinks he is . If it is the model that has the external power supply that helps the unit stay cool, but they are very limited if you have any plans on upgrading components ... what model was this again is it the Optiplex GX620 ?

Intel will return to a single-core processor for its first 65-nanometer desktop processor, code-named Cedar Mill. Cedar Mill will be the second Intel processor built on the company's forthcoming 65-nanometer processing technology, which takes advantage of smaller transistors to advance performance and decrease power consumption. Yonah, a previously disclosed dual-core mobile processor, will be the first 65-nanometer chip released in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Presler will accompany Cedar Mill in the first half of 2006. It is also a 65-nanometer processor but is made up of two separate Cedar Mill chips placed into a single package, rather than the closer integration of execution units on a single chip seen in a processor like the Pentium D.

I am not sure which chip is in that unit ...

Here was a little something hiddden away in that Number of Reboots
AMD 0
Intel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back