Zomg AMD ownzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Computer Upgrade - Finally

Maybe I can't read but it says 65 nm.

sry I think I made a mistake on that one your right they are 65nm ... which in itself is good for him .. either way I was looking for a healthy debate on a choice not a name calling brawl with censorship

LordOfLA said:
The only let down with intel's current dual-core cpu's is that its just as bad as putting 2 intel cpu's on a motherboard - one of the cores proxies the requests of the other for system io.

AMD's dual core gives both cores full phyisical access over a cross bar switch.

You could compare it to running a lan on a 10mbit hub instead of a 10mbit switch - if all the nodes on a hub are busy transferring data all the nodes slow down. If all the nodes on a switch are transferring data, there is no slow down.

That was part of the whole reason I asked but this is not the right place for it LOL we have a biased thread setup for that.

Kermit: you really don't believe in the Enter key much, do you? it's like..... every paragraph you made a new post. lol.

as for the whole processor debate...... isn't Intel even still on Emulated 64-bit technology, whereas AMD is true 64-bit since the beginning of the Athlon 64's?

I am not with or against any one or thing I just love to see the trolls gather in packs :lick:

This whole thread was made by someone else by cutting and removing only parts of a very clean for the most part disscussion that was against the forum rules of I think off topic was used as the reason , but then again who is to say really , I asked why he went fake DC core and that got some people all upset and in a hissy as always

Last edited:
i still like AMD..... have no problems with it really..... just AMD pretty much beats Intel in gaming quite often.

edit: and... u know...... cheaper than Intel too.

Kermit. USE THE BLOODY EDIT KEY !!!

It's there for a purpose.

think he's tryin to set a record for the highest number of double-posts in XP-Erience/NTFS/OSNN history. lol.

Keep an eye on overall TDP.

AMD has the advantage in some form or other on the desktop market, not on the notebook market. Intel has invested mightily on lowering overall TDP.

Intel lacks an on-die mem controller which will always hamper it and lead to higher latencies. However, Intel's HT technology is a nice feature and while not as fast as the AMD solution in games and many other apps, it is still a competitive and cheaper solution to start off with.

It's spam at this rate. I don't have a problem with a discussion but this is not a discussion.

Hey I did not post these here this was pulled out of context and placed here there were posts in between that were directly attached to the ones that followed but censorship set in and out of context , and biased thread evolved lol

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Hey I did not post these here this was pulled out of context and placed here there were posts in between that were directly attached to the ones that followed but censorship set in and out of context , and biased thread evolved lol

And in the other thread they were pretty much in the same order. You've been warned several times in the past for not using the edit key.

Btw, this forum isn't a democracy, and never was. Even if it was, I'm afraid you'd be incapable of taking part in it.

Guys, cool it.

If the posts are indeed out of context, I apologize, the frequency of the posts just seemed ridiculous.

Grandmaster said:
And in the other thread they were pretty much in the same order. You've been warned several times in the past for using the edit key.

Btw, this forum isn't a democracy, and never was. Even if it was, I'm afraid you'd be incapable of taking part in it.

I used the edit key many times its just another case of you/me as always , All I did was talk about a choice but I was not rude and was answering people that was talking with me about a choice made D was able to answer and he answered very easily about why he went with the Dell , your the one who cannot take part in a non biased way simple really

pretty much in your opinion which is biased towards me and has been over and over again in the past. you even removed my post were I told him to enjoy his new toy ... why ? So nothing good I posted shows simple really

And useless on servers where HT enables the second thread to snoop on any secure data that may be flowing through the cpu at the time :)

Frog, I don't have a problem with you or anyone for that matter. But the fact is that this thread was created because the posts within this thread had nothing to do with Chief sharing information about his new computer.

As mods we are cracking down on threads that go off course. I will not apologize for it either. Deal with it and move on.

I can be a nice person and I can be a jerk, it all depends on how I am treated. Drop it, please.

madmatt said:
Frog, I don't have a problem with you or anyone for that matter. But the fact is that this thread was created because the posts within this thread had nothing to do with Chief sharing information about his new computer.

As mods we are cracking down on threads that go off course. I will not apologize for it either. Deal with it and move on.

I can be a nice person and I can be a jerk, it all depends on how I am treated. Drop it, please.

LOL is all I will say .. there was nothing wrong with the thread and I dont see you over there telling Saz to stay on topic or Lord or anyone else there are people posting in that thread now and are talking about AMD , HT and what not I dont see the Topic SS over there :lick:

Don't piss me off. I said drop it. And I said it nicely.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back