Zip 100 and xp

B

bleedink

i have a parallel port zip drive (the 100) and cant get it to work with xp...i install the software and when i reboot i get a stop error and cant reboot the computer. i cant even get in safe mode. the only way to get my computer to start agian is to choose last known and cross my fingers...anyone have any suggestions or know if microsoft stopped supporting pp zip drives????? granted the zip disks seem almost obsolete but i still have files on my old ones!!!

Go to Device Manager.
Expand the Ports (COM & LPT1)
Right Click on Parallel and choose Properties.
Go to the Port Configuration Tab and click on Enable Legacy Hardware.
That should do it.
Mi WinXP is in Spanish, so my English translation of the sequence might not have the exact words.
Regards,
Carlos

DRIVERS

Make sure you have the current drivers. My wife uses a real old parallel and it works fine under XP.

Her system:

ABit KT7A v1.1
Duron 900Mhz
256MB PC133 SDRAM
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
Soundblaster Live! PCI
Netgear FA310TX 10/100 NIC
Maxtor 3.8GB HD
Quantum 10 & 20GB HDs
Samsung 52X CD-ROM

Running XP Home

Both hers & mine have Optquest 17"

unplug the zip (all you need to unplug is the power not the parallel cable) Install the drivers, reboot the computer then plug it in. Should work. I had an external zip (Parallel) before I got the internal one and that's how I got it to work.
Gina

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back