Zelda: The Wind Waker

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
Well well guys it has finally arrived and I got my copy yesterday. Im still not a big fan of cell shading:rolleyes: but, my my I must say Nintendo has done some very amazing things with this game. Animation is very superb. To the waves rolling up on the shore, the wind blowing our young heroes hat, or just a slight breeze in the house caressing the plant in the corner. Characters while not revolutionary are a sight to behold when moving or just simple facial gestures is remarkable. Music is a mixture of classic Zelda and then some. I just started and I have a good feeling of things to come.

that game is going to hell they destroyed zelda............ thats not link I don't know who that lil wind w@nker is link DOESN"T HAVE A SISTER!!!! its not a zelda game with out ganaon or the triforce! stupid cell shading is destroying all my fav games.... zelda, breath of fire, dark cloud, mega man!!!! <~~~ there really going to hell for that one! I hope the game flops and they never try cell again! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

First of all Krux, Zelda is a great game. i pre-ordered Wind Waker and i love the Master quest for OOT. and a TRUE zelda fan wouldn't care what the game looks like. True fans play zelda for the game. i mean, look at Zelda 2 for NES. that game was a repetitive, crappy looking game, but we still played it. And about how Link don't have a sister....... When did they ever say he DIDN'T?????? i never heard (or read for that matter) that he was an only child. Cell shading didn't come CLOSE to ruining the game. For the graphic quality they lost (which is not much since they have MUCH better lighting effects such as when 2 swords clash together), they made up with much better gameplay (like in the demo video on the zelda website, where link sword uppercut's that one creature and it goes flying through the grass). when do you ever see anything like that in any other zelda game? i've never seen it before, and i'm probably gettin my copy this weekend.

I forget which game in the 1980s had graphics that looked like a cartoon animation. Either I'm exaggerating how good it looked or it was way ahead of its time, considering I don't remember any games up until now with Zelda here. I think I read that it was for the Commodore 64? All I know is that I saw it in a store when I was locating an Atari 7800 Donkey Kong game in the late 1980s. :p

Anyhow, I don't see why people have to whine about this. I've kind of grown tired of polygons and the whole bit anyway. It's time to try something new. Change is the only constant.

Melon

Melon, i have to agree. we all need something different. everything changes even if we don't notice it. I'm getting sick of hearing people say "Gamecube is ghey" or "XBox beats gamecube easily", but when you think about it, you don't see 2 of the largest used game developers leaving Gamecube, do you? You also don't really see Gamecube being abandoned by certain stores either.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
First of all Krux, Zelda is a great game. i pre-ordered Wind Waker and i love the Master quest for OOT. and a TRUE zelda fan wouldn't care what the game looks like. True fans play zelda for the game. i mean, look at Zelda 2 for NES. that game was a repetitive, crappy looking game, but we still played it. And about how Link don't have a sister....... When did they ever say he DIDN'T?????? i never heard (or read for that matter) that he was an only child. Cell shading didn't come CLOSE to ruining the game. For the graphic quality they lost (which is not much since they have MUCH better lighting effects such as when 2 swords clash together), they made up with much better gameplay (like in the demo video on the zelda website, where link sword uppercut's that one creature and it goes flying through the grass). when do you ever see anything like that in any other zelda game? i've never seen it before, and i'm probably gettin my copy this weekend.

I OWN EVERY GAME THATS LINK HAS EVER MADE AND APPERENCE IN don't tell me I'm not a fan! they messed link up he looks like a gd retard. and u know why u've never seen those moves in any of his other games? BECAUSE ITS A NEW GAME!!! why would u buy a game with nothing new in it?! do you have any idea how pissed people where at E3 when that @sshole who wanted zelda to be "more cartoonish" showed it? VERY! Link is one of my all time fav characters and when he goes from being a pimp to a chubby looking gay cartoon it pisses me off so don't even try to tell me what kind of dedication I have to the zelda series when I own every single one of his games! and that includes smash and soon to be soul cal. 2

This is link
gc_screen001.jpg

This is not!
zeldaww_0324_screen001.jpg

man i wana get this game so badly with that new masters OOT with it. Its hella sick. But....the graphics! and wtf is this? Link? Is that link man? that looks like a damn baby with a wooden sword. eveything rules except for the graphics and how link looks thats all, well i never played the game and i'm judging it right now lol. well i'll have to see if its good or not.

that's what i'm sayin. don't judge a game till u play it. and Krux, that pic of link with sword in air, that either is gonna be coming out for GC MUCH later, or possibly not even on gamecube. and i don't mind the cartoonish effect. we've dealt with it for how long??? hopefully this will be the last of the cartoon links. They probably made this one like Majora's Mask was a bit of a time waster until the supposed release of "Zelda Gaiden" or whatever it was called back then. so, like i said, that may be coming out in a while (but most likely not any time soon, since i haven't heard of it even being in japan yet.)

sorry for double post, but wanted to keep this separate.

Recent Nintendo news concerning Wind Waker

600,000 people reserved a copy of it and got the pre-sell disc. THAT"S A LOT!!! and from what that article says, zelda is in the game too? maybe gannon will make a surprise appearance. don't think they ever said he wasn't in the game.

Also, Krux, i never said you weren't a fan. i'm just saying that just because they went to cell shading doesn't mean the game will suck donkey b@lls.

Hey are the copies still selling with there OOT Masters quest? Well this come with all the copies?

once the game is released, which i think it already is, i don't think the Master quest will come with it any more. it was a pre-sell offer after all. but if you look on e-bay or somewhere i KNOW you can find it. people usually sell for $15, price that was paid to pre-order it.

According to Nintendo Australia, I have to wait till around May to get my hands on The Wind Waker. :( At least I pre-ordered!
I have to agree with Krux and _DM_ that the graphics (so much cel-shading these days... :( ) are the let down of the game, but being a Zelda freak since I was 7... haven't complained then, not going to start now.

-RaG

gc_screen001.jpg

This is not!
zeldaww_0324_screen001.jpg
[/B]

which one is the game? the top one or the bottom.. the top one looks sweet, but i dont think we'll see graphics like that in video games for 5-8 years.

Originally posted by dubstar
which one is the game? the top one or the bottom.. the top one looks sweet, but i dont think we'll see graphics like that in video games for 5-8 years.

you have probably not seen unreal II ? :)

btw guys... try and keep it civil in here.. :)

some posts are rather heated... it is a game after all... lets play nice...

Originally posted by Sazar
you have probably not seen unreal II ? :)

btw guys... try and keep it civil in here.. :)

some posts are rather heated... it is a game after all... lets play nice...

Yeh don't want to mess with Sazar, probably *kamehame* you to death! lol :D

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
that's what i'm sayin. don't judge a game till u play it. and Krux, that pic of link with sword in air, that either is gonna be coming out for GC MUCH later, or possibly not even on gamecube. and i don't mind the cartoonish effect. we've dealt with it for how long??? hopefully this will be the last of the cartoon links. They probably made this one like Majora's Mask was a bit of a time waster until the supposed release of "Zelda Gaiden" or whatever it was called back then. so, like i said, that may be coming out in a while (but most likely not any time soon, since i haven't heard of it even being in japan yet.)

the top screen is from soul caliber 2 and it comes out in a few months I believe not 5-8 years the only version of the game that Link will make an apperence in is the game cube one. also that is what link looked like b4 they went over to the cell shading, try to find some early screen shots of wind waker. That is what they looked like.

They also messed up breath of fire they went to cell shading they changed the main character for male to female........ but kept the name?!?! you only have a certain amount of time to get through the game, after that time is up it says game over and u have to start again, even if u didn't get to the end.........

I haven't read anything about dark cloud because I was so depressed they changed it to cell shading...........

and megaman........... I had nightmares about that....... who ever made that call is going to hell.........

atleast the FF series hasn't succumb yet to the stupid trend of cell shading if they do.... im selling my consoles.

After seeing some of the previews, I must say I'm disappointed :( In the new version I was looking for not a zelda child but a more mature one like from the N64 version. Secondly I think the cell-shading was a bad idea since I was looking for a more realistic game to fit a fantasy rather than some cartoon that looks far to distant from it for it ever to exist :huh:

Originally posted by Evolution
After seeing some of the previews, I must say I'm disappointed :( In the new version I was looking for not a zelda child but a more mature one like from the N64 version. Secondly I think the cell-shading was a bad idea since I was looking for a more realistic game to fit a fantasy rather than some cartoon that looks far to distant from it for it ever to exist :huh:

its selling masively in japan and there are a lot of people who like it... therefore somethng must have been done right...

or perhaps they're just buying because it is zelda. Are they buying it because it's a great game or are they really buying it because of their loyalty to Zelda?

Personally, I think it was a huge mistake of Nintendo to give up on the space world 2000 version of Zelda :(

I'll be honest. There are people who follow Nintendo like sheep and if it says Zelda it will be bought. I picked up the game to see what Miyamoto has tried to prove to us why he thinks this direction is good. Like I said in my first post cell shading is not my forte. What I have come to look at is the way everything just has a very profesional and unrushed touch. A game. Something that has been avoiding us for quite sometime:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back