Zelda: The Wind Waker

Regardless of what many of you think I think it looks very refreshing and briliantly different. I tryed it in my local game store today and I've now desided to get a game cube. I'm trading in my ps2 for it.

hmm... ok. We got another person that tried it, liked it, and is gonna buy it. Krux, it DID NOT GO AWAY FROM THE ROOTS OF ZELDA!!!!!! Zelda is still in it, Gannondorf is still in it. H3ll, you're even playing in HYRULE for cryin out loud. If you want me to i can tell you the short version of the storyline behind the game, cause i will. and probably everyone that played it and got passed the Tower of the Gods found out the true story behind the game too. So, Krux, you want me to tell you it? PM me if you want me to. unless people don't mind me spoiling the game for you all.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
hmm... ok. We got another person that tried it, liked it, and is gonna buy it. Krux, it DID NOT GO AWAY FROM THE ROOTS OF ZELDA!!!!!! Zelda is still in it, Gannondorf is still in it. H3ll, you're even playing in HYRULE for cryin out loud. If you want me to i can tell you the short version of the storyline behind the game, cause i will. and probably everyone that played it and got passed the Tower of the Gods found out the true story behind the game too. So, Krux, you want me to tell you it? PM me if you want me to. unless people don't mind me spoiling the game for you all.

how did it not go away from the story? sure its in the same world but link has always been an orphan in EVERY game suddenly he has a family?!? and they didn't tay true to the look he doesn't look like the same character I fell in love with the first time I played his game. most games try to take steps forward like metriod wen't from a side scrolling shooter to a FPS (sorta...) it was the next LOGICAL step they didn't turn samus into a lil fat cartoony girl that would have been a step back. but aperantly retro had a better project lead then whoever produced the new Wind W@nker game it wasn't a logical step. the game looks like it was drawn by a 10 year old link doesn't even look in proporsion the game just looks stupid and they added elements to the story that just go agains't all the other games! LINK HAS NOOOOOOOOOOOO FAMILY!!!!! HE NEVER HAS!! orphan link is an ooooooorrrrphaaaaan!!!

ok ok... I get it... some of you like the game and some don't :)

krux does not like it for reasons stated...

others like it for their own reasons...

please do not turn this thread into a flame fest... I have resisted coming in for a while... keep in constructive and clean lads :)

we're all gamers after all... if you have a disagreement... settle it over a little lan party...

just make sure I am invited and there's plenty of food and booze...

ok, Krux, let me explain this. the "Link" in the wind waker is not link, nor was he ever link. in fact, they practically TELL you that in the game. When they needed Link, or the Hero of Time, to defeat Gannon, he never showed up. Since he didn't show up, the people of the town would dress their kids in green cloths for one day when they reach a certain age. They tell you right in the game that he is not link, but he is the "Chosen one" to defeat gannon, and he wields the Master Sword (thus making him the chosen one, since the chosen one is the only one that can remove the Master Sword from the stand. the Zelda that appears in the game is a decendant of the true Zelda. Before you can actually go and fight Gannon, you have to travel around with "Link" and find 8 pieces of the Tri-force, which as far as i know is the one that the real Link had. All i can say, Krux, is PLEASE just play it and see how it is. Screenshots don't show how truly good the game is. gameplay is better, graphics are better than most screenshots. please just try it. if you don't like it, fine, but you'll be missing out on one of the greatest Zelda adventure games out there.

Toxicity, ya ever hear of a tiny little place called Wal-Mart or Blockbuster? they come in handy.

Im not the type to buy a console for 1 game, cant afford that. PC ALL THE WAY!!!
=)

blockbuster you can rent the console, I think thats what he ment.

I just have to say, everytime I see the title of this thread I think it says, Zelda, The Wind ****er :D :p

Yes, Krux, you hit the nail right on the head.

Toxicity, go to Blockbuster and rent a gamecube and Wind Waker.

Originally posted by Krux
blockbuster you can rent the console, I think thats what he ment.

Blockbuster rents out consoles?!?! :eek: Do they do that here? :confused:

Hmm... just as a bit of an update, i played through the game (that is, not beat it. don't have all hearts, all mini-quests done). OMFG!!!! those of you that choose not to play the game are missing alot. The ending of the game has to be the GREATEST i've ever seen. only bad thing is that by the way the ending went, we may not see gannon anymore. but hey, they surprised us with Wind Waker, since Gannon was supposedly killed in OOT.

Anyone who plays it and plays through it will probably agree that it is the greatest ending ever.

Originally posted by Ragnarok
Blockbuster rents out consoles?!?! :eek: Do they do that here? :confused:

I actually work for Blockbustser and yes we do rent out consoles......:D

$15 for the rent and a $100 Pre-deposit on a major credit card to be refunded when you bring the console back.
*note CDN prices

[colour=crimsion]**face turns red**[/colour]

that game is going to hell they destroyed zelda............ thats not link I don't know who that lil wind w@nker is link DOESN"T HAVE A SISTER!!!! its not a zelda game with out ganaon or the triforce! stupid cell shading is destroying all my fav games.... zelda, breath of fire, dark cloud, mega man!!!! <~~~ there really going to hell for that one! I hope the game flops and they never try cell again! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow your an idiot. Have you played this game? Its amazing...

heh, jkoXP said it right. and i'm glad he posted that comment cause i didn't read that part originally.

Krux, if you would play the game, you would KNOW that gannon is in the game, and you would DEFINITELY know that the Triforce is in the game. H3ll, you have to collect 8 triforce shards to even FIGHT gannon in the last battle. Play the game before you make assumptions.:blink:

Originally posted by jkoXP
Wow your an idiot. Have you played this game? Its amazing...

I got some choice 4 letter words for you fag but ill keep them to myself out of respect for sazar's request.

I got some choice 4 letter words for you fag but ill keep them to myself out of respect for sazar's request.

Yeah you tell that mutant *******!! FOR THE NORMALS!!!!

jk, Zelda: Wind Waker rocks!

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
heh, jkoXP said it right. and i'm glad he posted that comment cause i didn't read that part originally.

Krux, if you would play the game, you would KNOW that gannon is in the game, and you would DEFINITELY know that the Triforce is in the game. H3ll, you have to collect 8 triforce shards to even FIGHT gannon in the last battle. Play the game before you make assumptions.:blink:

its my choice to not play the game its my money my GC and my TV its also MY OPINION that the game looks stupid. and I also made that comment b4 the game was out all I was going off of was what was leaked about the story!

well, if you're going by the information given before it came out, then WHY NOT PLAY IT! you will NOT be disappointed by the way the game is layed out. it's the greatest addition to the legend of zelda series ever. especially the fact that you can pick up other enemies weapons and swing them at the enemy or throw them at him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back