Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
I'm looking at this CPU cooler from Zalman for my AMD 2100+ and in the future my Barton 3200+ or 64bit processor.

Anyone used this one or better?

Hello i have that Heatsink on my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU and works great, i have it going at full speed and it is quiet as, youd hear ur hdds more than that thing ;)

yea that's a great heatsink i'm planning to get that one soon :D, well my cpu is already down to 28 right now with the standars heatsink and it's an amd 64, thank you canada's cold weather and cool'n'quiet technology

i actually like mine as well. never used any of the Zalman coolers, but i've heard good comments on them. Mine's the GigaByte 3D Cooler Pro. mine isn't all copper, but still cools rather well and has an adjustable fan speed. uses 4 heatpipes that go up through the four corners of the heatsink, and 2 central fans blow air directly out the sides to effectively cool the heatpipes. I used to have my P4 2.4 OC'd to 3.0 (which i plan on attempting again. reason i had to put it back to normal is cause this ram doesn't like to be overclocked as much as my old RAM did. old 512MB DDR400 was running at 415, and this 1GB goes psycho at that speed) and the temps didn't go up at all from using the stock fan at stock speed. i'll admit it doesn't really DROP the temperature much, but it can sure hold it's temperature. on a not too bad note it weights like 430 grams or somethin. they have an all coper one that weighs like 700+ i think. kinda nuts, but i love them.

here's the link to their list of products
http://www.giga-byte.us/Peripherals/Products/Products_NewProduct_List.htm

ElementalDragon said:
i actually like mine as well. never used any of the Zalman coolers, but i've heard good comments on them. Mine's the GigaByte 3D Cooler Pro. mine isn't all copper, but still cools rather well and has an adjustable fan speed. uses 4 heatpipes that go up through the four corners of the heatsink, and 2 central fans blow air directly out the sides to effectively cool the heatpipes. I used to have my P4 2.4 OC'd to 3.0 (which i plan on attempting again. reason i had to put it back to normal is cause this ram doesn't like to be overclocked as much as my old RAM did. old 512MB DDR400 was running at 415, and this 1GB goes psycho at that speed) and the temps didn't go up at all from using the stock fan at stock speed. i'll admit it doesn't really DROP the temperature much, but it can sure hold it's temperature. on a not too bad note it weights like 430 grams or somethin. they have an all coper one that weighs like 700+ i think. kinda nuts, but i love them.

here's the link to their list of products
http://www.giga-byte.us/Peripherals/Products/Products_NewProduct_List.htm

Lota weight to be hangin off the board....... :eek:

yah..... one reason why i got the LIGHTER of the two. that.... and the fact that the Ultra GT wasn't out when i got my Pro. besides, the only way you'd have to worry about something getting yanked off the board is if it was a huge amount of weight hanging pretty far away from the board. the fan isn't that high. right from the website: Heatsink Dimension 83 x 89 x 93mm. besides, the stock P4 fan ain't no feather either.

That heatsink is of high quality and performance, if you buy it you won’t be disappointed especially if you’re looking for a quite system. Don’t worry about performance it outperforms my old themalright slk 800a.
If you would take my advice though I would go for the 7000a au-cu (the aluminium copper hybrid) this is the cooler I have it has a negligible performance difference of like .5 deg C (under full load) also is lighter (meet the weight specs so is not likely to rip your mainboard in half (all copper one is way above recommended)) and not to forget most importantly cheaper ;)

Oh on an other note there is also a revision b of this cooler don’t know what the changes are but hey its worth bearing in mind is called simply CNPS7000B-AuCu

Hope this helps Chaos, if you have any other questions about it please ask away :)

i've got that zalman cooler on my amd 64 3200+ and it works very well, keeps the cpu @ about 33 degrees idle, 38-39 degrees under load (playing half life 2 for 3 hours) and my computer is in a warm room at that. and yes it's very heavy and a huge in size, it says in the instructions to be very careful when moving your computer around with the heatsink installed incase it snaps something (mines been moved about a bit, it's fine so far). it's slightly annoying to clean unless you've got some compressed air, but pretty easy to install, only problem i had was taking the adhesive off of the back of the mobo from the standard heatsink that was on before. anyway, i'd say go for it, i've had 2 different zalman heatsinks and rate them both highly.

I have the 7000A-AlCu and it's been a great heatsink/fan combo. There is a revision b and I believe it's suppose to be a larger build. And does a better job.

I’ve been worrying about the weight of the all copper Zalman, the hybrid aluminum one is much lighter and if the temperature gain is not going to be significant maybe I’ll just go with that, the price is not an issue.

Temps now on the 2100+ are around 35-45°C with the stock heatsink & fan.

I knew there was a new revision of this heatsink after looking at Zalman’s site but my retailer does not carry it yet and I’m too lazy to order it. There is even a 120mm fan version!

I’m also looking around for a good Northbridge cooler and a new VGA cooler for my Radeon 9800Pro too. My main concern is noise levels, the heat dissipation comes second.

There is a bloody old 40GB Maxtor drive in there right now which is the loudest thing in the case, got to get rid of that soon probably with a SATA drive.

this cooler is so good I bought two!

one for my XP3000+ and another for my AMD 64 3500....

only thing I find is sometimes get cuts from the fins working in the cases now.... but that's my fault!

I have idle temps at 38c-42c which is pretty warm I think. Maybe I've got it seated wrong or something. I've got 2 case fans in and 3 out. And the system temp is 27c -29c.
Not sure what's going on. The fan ran much cooling on my Athlon XP setup.

Ahhh if its noise you wish to reduce I believe I can help :) Right as far as your gfx card I would highly recommend the Artic Cooler – VGA Silencer (go for revision 1 if you can, its not a pretty as the newer builds but it is a lot quieter)
As for the northbridge zalman do offer a passive cooling kit (complete with some silver loaded adhesive I think) but I have not got one, as my asus board was passive anyway.
As far as cooling potential my cpu sits at 30-32 Deg C with light use on the slowest fan speed which is nice :) and its an overclocked chip (see sig)
If you want a quiet hard drive the best bet are the new Samsung ones as they beat even the Seagate barracudas
But seriously go for the hybrid you wont be disappointed :)

ShepsCrook said:
I have idle temps at 38c-42c which is pretty warm I think. Maybe I've got it seated wrong or something. I've got 2 case fans in and 3 out. And the system temp is 27c -29c.
Not sure what's going on. The fan ran much cooling on my Athlon XP setup.

Don't feel bad - I think the sensors and temps might be off with the MSI board and AMD64 CPUs... my system is running around 55=65oC CPU temps under load - and that's a 3500 on an MSI K8N Neo2 board.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back