ZA and Online Games

M

Mr.Budwieser

hey what up , i was wondering if anyones figured out how to run zone alarm while playign online games without it messing it up(phaty delay in mouse cursor and shots) or if anyone uses two firewalls and if so wich ones did u get to run together. Thx

no smit, dam wonder whats up with mine . I get a delay and my mouse cursor jumps around all funky like. Do you have a ball mouse or optical ?

I run ZA Pro and play Quake 3 as well without any problems. I either add the Quake 3 exe to the programs section in ZA manually or let ZA ask to let it act as a server or access the net.

dam , cuz i've done all that stuff too thats weird. Thx for the info tho.

back in the day when i only had the free version of ZA, i would connect to the interenet, open up my game, and do something that would require the game to connect to the interenet( clicking multiplayer). It would give me a black screen of death. so i'd reboot, then go into ZA and manually click "connect to interenet-yes; act as a server-yes" then i went off to play my game.

i have ZAP now so when ever i want to play a new game i set the program-thing to "learning mode".

i had issues with ZA and q3 online... the mouse would jus go off in its own merry world... half the time, id turn a corner and end up spinnin around an finishing looking up at the ceiling before splatting into bits cuz some fool has shot me in a moment of madness.

Norton Personal Firewall sorted the problems... I tried sygate but it gave me packet loss big time. Might try tiny personal firewall sometime soon... but norton seems the best atm.

well at least i know its not just me now. Sounds exactly like what would happen to me ...lol. Ya i just use norton now too, its a descent enough firewall too. Do you have a intellipoint mouse by chance ? Thx for teh reply too man .

sounds like a lot of your are having the sticky mouse problem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back