Y'z Dock

N

Not Bman

Is there a version out there that works with Vista? Or another program like it?

I'm not sure if it works with Vista, but ObjectDock is another app that does pretty much the same thing.

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

Don't let the screenshot there fool you, its pretty customizable how you can make it look. Here is what it looks like on my laptop running XP.

stardockca1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it works with Vista, but ObjectDock is another app that does pretty much the same thing.

Yes, ObjectDock 1.5 is compatible with Vista. It was one of the first things I installed on Vista.

:)

I thought Object Dock wasen't free? That's weird.

Alright thanks.

I think Y'z dock stopped development a while back (years). ObjectDock is probably the way to go.

I've used Objectdock for a long time but then I switched to Rocketdock. I feel the animation and usage is leaps and bounds better than objectdock.

http://www.punksoftware.com/

I think Y'z dock stopped development a while back (years). ObjectDock is probably the way to go.

and yes it's been long gone. I have no idea why this one was stopped and others were left to still be developed on. Probably a very small design detail that was too close to the osx dock.

+1 on RocketDock. It it so much less invasive and memory usage is next to null. Not to mention it is stable as hell.. I would say its far better/more customizable than OSX dock. (as well as objectdock)

I do have to add though that a weather docklet does not come with rocketdock like it does with objectdock but pulling the weather docklet out of the objectdock installer is easy and to install is easy as well. since you are running vista there are weather gadgets so it might be a moot point.

and yes it's been long gone. I have no idea why this one was stopped and others were left to still be developed on. Probably a very small design detail that was too close to the osx dock.

I do remember that Y'z dock had trouble with being so similar to the dock in OS X. I never did understand how ObjectDock was able to continue development either.

I always tend to use it, no matter what problem, for awhile, then get rid of it. After while try it again, and so on and so on.

I don't know whats with me lol.

I first try using a dock several years ago, and haven't taken it off since. It's a big time saver for me, and the addition of tabbed docks is even more worth it.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back