your system will (ram) will run at 266mhz

Kush

High On Life!
i was looking at ram for my pc and when i stumbbled on this i got pretty pissed off. it says that if u use three sticks of pc 2700 your ram will run at 266mhz. why is that... to compansate for power used from the psu? is this only for crucial ram? if it isnt is there any way to get around that and run at 333mhz?

here is a link to the site, its at the bottom right in red followed by the black text
Crucial Ram :mad:

all DDR ram runs slower the more of it you put in, thats why its better to buy one big chip.

damn

damn! UNLESS!:p i look more into ram o/c haha im starting to get ideas! can i just o/c the ram alone without the system, and then i will have to buy cooling for them but thats ok i was planing on doin that anyways

just sell your ram on ebay :p and go buy a bigass stick of ocz's 3200 which runs at 466 - 233x2 (yes there 3200 ram goes that much out of spec) crucial isn't that great in my opinion there over priced and lack performance.

Originally posted by Krux
just sell your ram on ebay :p and go buy a bigass stick of ocz's 3200 which runs at 466 - 233x2 (yes there 3200 ram goes that much out of spec) crucial isn't that great in my opinion there over priced and lack performance.

shhh.... thats our sponsor dammit :)

yup

yeah i never really liked crucial its just one of the sponsers here:p umm yeah ill try and sell it on ebay. also what brand do u reccomend to get? samsung? and by ocz u mean overclocked right? how do i acheive overclocking on ram?

oh yah forgot haha :eek: Erraa I mean crusial is AWESOME MORE POWER!! best ram ever I just don't buy it :p

OCZ is a brand OCZ technologies they pretty much make the fastest ram on the planet.

yeah just sell it on ebay :p

I got two 256 Ram sticks in my sys, but thats so I get Dual DDR

I said PRETTY MUCH I didn't say the absolute fastest :p

hehe

i dont like crucial but i click on the link every once in a while to support our site

cough cough btw the text above was written by a hacker:eek: not me.

personally i love crucial!:p

I said PRETTY MUCH I didn't say the absolute fastest :p

well dammit.. spell it out next time... how am I spposed to know :cool:

sazar knows all!! don't tell me you don't I'd be like sooo disillusioned:eek: :D

if i remmber right

the supported memory for my mobo is 2700 but i think i remmber seeing that when u update the bios u can have 3200 not too sure is this right? if its not will i see a difference from my current nanya ram to ocz ram at the same speed?

sazar knows all!! don't tell me you don't I'd be like sooo disillusioned:eek: :D

I don't know what yer talkin bout half the time krux.. yer an enigma ta me... :)

but heck... so long as you post (and leave crucial out of the nasty posts) I'm all happy :)

Re: if i remmber right

Originally posted by themafia_69
the supported memory for my mobo is 2700 but i think i remmber seeing that when u update the bios u can have 3200 not too sure is this right? if its not will i see a difference from my current nanya ram to ocz ram at the same speed?
unless you overclock, no not really. unless you get some low-latency ram so you can tweak the ram timings in your bios. you'll get maybe 5% increase in performance, at the most.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back